Old 27 June 2016, 11:47   #11

Town: WAterford
Boat name: na
Make: Rimini
Length: 5m +
Engine: dt85
Yeah I wanna say it got a retube done by lencraft. So seems to be as long as the tubes are new I should not have any other serious issues. Floor and transom are very solid and not rotten.

Old 28 June 2016, 01:18   #12

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: Nutkin Too
Make: X-Pro Defender
Engine: Outboard, Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235095884
RIBase
The transom on mine was cracking when she went. But never looked into it aS sold her instead.

Mine was a 4.2, so long as yours is one piece you'll be fine.

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2016, 12:55   #13

Right didn't seem cracked or rotten. Thanks guys for the advice. Gives me a bit of peace of mind. I am a sucker for good deals and sometimes that just means I am a sucker...
Old 10 July 2016, 07:25   #14

Town: Cork
Boat name: Excalibur
Make: Excalibur + Zapcat
Length: 6m +
Engine: Merc120TDI,Tohatsu50
They're a nice boat and a good starter rib. I'd a 75hp two stroke on mine and it was very quick so a 60 would be ideal and even a 50 would go very well. Two reasons they go well with smaller engines. One is the hull is quite flat at the rear so planes quickly but a bit bouncy when things cut up rough. The other is they're rather lightly built so the hull won't withstand the sort of bumps and scrapes similar vintage Ribcraft, Humbers, Ospreys etc take in their stride.

They've reasonable buoyancy at the back too so fine for a few divers and comfortable with a small aux beside the main engine

They handle nicely and then to skid out rather than hook if turned hard at speed. Very handy for single handed launching and recovery.

You got a good deal as that particular set of tubes are 2005, fitted to that boat after I think someone wrecked the originals with a pressure washer. The cones on the originals would have failed anyway as they all seemed to do on the PVC tubes. They were originally square at the front which provided a lot more space than the pointed bow usually used on Hypalon replacements.
Old 10 July 2016, 09:31   #15

Wow did you know this boat previously? Know what year it was? The hull seems very sound possibly could use some new top coat but the gel on the hull is beautiful besides one bit on the bottom rear. Would a 40hp be to underpowered? That's all I currently have. Trying to sell it or trying to get another 40 and do twins?
Old 20 July 2016, 02:12   #16

Town: Cork
Boat name: Excalibur
Make: Excalibur + Zapcat
Length: 6m +
Engine: Merc120TDI,Tohatsu50
I'd be concerned whether it'd be strong enough or buoyant enough and possibly not even wide enough to fit twins of almost any size. Mine had a 1995 Mariner 75hp clamshell if you want to look that up at least you'd know the weight you could spread over two engines but I really wouldn't go that route on that boat. Twins are great when matched, trying to get a matched set used.........

I think it would go fine with a 40 as they are lightweight.
Old 20 July 2016, 13:22   #17

All that to be said I ended up selling the 40s and buying a dt85 Suzuki. Seems to be in good condition so we can only hope for the best. Picked up the boat today and the transom although dirty very very solid. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByRIB Net1469038855.278169.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	114548

Have to do some adjustments on the trailer but it's good. Trailering her seemed easy enough

Tags
rib