Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 31 January 2014, 17:17   #11
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Termonfeckin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha F50 4 Stroke
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
Tornado's , Lencraft's, Grand's - do any of these compare to the afore mentioned or are the just slightly inferior or a lot inferior ? ? ?
__________________

__________________
septicsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2014, 17:29   #12
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Evenin' fella. I've been browsing through Apolloduck.ie for you and I see what you're looking at. The Lennie "looks" like a good prospect. I HATE them but I'm extremely biased. They were a bit roughly slapped together at times, but if the hull, tubes and motor are sound, it might be worth a punt. Divers use them a lot, so they can't be that bad. The Tornado is a different beast entirely. The Viking was THE Divemobile back in the day. It's a small craft for the length and IIRC, the tubes are made from PU. It's probably oldish and PU is a PITA to mend. Old PU is not a great thing to be buying into... But good hulls both, I would venture

There is a myriad of baylounger RIBS on the market, used and new. I'll not name brands as it riles the members, but avoid anything with Med or Adventure in the name. They're fairweather toys and tenders and you REALLY don't want one off the SW coast.

Post up any ads you like the look of and we'll comment. Feel free to PM me if I can assist in any way. I'm sure the Cork lads will help out too. It's early days yet for the used stuff to appear, there's a lot of old tat lying on the Sale Ads. March and April get lively, May and June are Expensive
__________________

__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2014, 17:50   #13
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Termonfeckin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha F50 4 Stroke
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Evenin' fella. I've been browsing through Apolloduck.ie for you and I see what you're looking at. The Lennie "looks" like a good prospect. I HATE them but I'm extremely biased. They were a bit roughly slapped together at times, but if the hull, tubes and motor are sound, it might be worth a punt. Divers use them a lot, so they can't be that bad. The Tornado is a different beast entirely. The Viking was THE Divemobile back in the day. It's a small craft for the length and IIRC, the tubes are made from PU. It's probably oldish and PU is a PITA to mend. Old PU is not a great thing to be buying into... But good hulls both, I would venture

There is a myriad of baylounger RIBS on the market, used and new. I'll not name brands as it riles the members, but avoid anything with Med or Adventure in the name. They're fairweather toys and tenders and you REALLY don't want one off the SW coast.

Post up any ads you like the look of and we'll comment. Feel free to PM me if I can assist in any way. I'm sure the Cork lads will help out too. It's early days yet for the used stuff to appear, there's a lot of old tat lying on the Sale Ads. March and April get lively, May and June are Expensive
Aye been on the browse alright, nothing sticks out as yet. There was one, but fecked if I can find the advert
So better to go for hyperlon rather than the PU, like the Honda has ? ?
So rule out Avon adventures etc
__________________
septicsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2014, 17:56   #14
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by septicsac View Post
So better to go for hyperlon rather than the PU, like the Honda has ? ?
Oooooh - a cans of worms! Let me open it....

I think that the general feeling about PU is that it's fine until the seams start to go, and ultimately, they do. You could be lucky and at 5k, it's work a look....

Hypalon has it's problems too, but I think that overall it tends to have a smoother aging curve. It's certainly easier to mend.
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2014, 18:00   #15
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Rib Ribcraft 4.8m For Sale in Cork : €6,900 - DoneDeal.ie

__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2014, 18:11   #16
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Termonfeckin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha F50 4 Stroke
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
Not over enamoured with Mercury or mariner engines, would like a Honda/Suki or Yam if possible. Age of engine would be a worry on this one for me.
__________________
septicsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2014, 18:43   #17
Member
 
lakelandterrier's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucester
Boat name: Lunasea
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzi 140
MMSI: 232005050
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,126
You can always swap out he engine at a later date....In your specified size I'd choose the hull / configuration you need and live with the initial engine. You might wait for perfection and it never arrives - or not at the budget price.
__________________
Member of the Macmillan Round the Isle of Wight Club
lakelandterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2014, 19:04   #18
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Termonfeckin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha F50 4 Stroke
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
Few out there, just none ideal one way or the other :

Lencraft 5.5 RIB + Suzuki 70hp 4-stroke For Sale in Dublin : €7,500 - DoneDeal.ie Bit more money than planned and bit bigger than planned, but if could negotiate few quid off might be tempted. What these like ?

Lencraft 58 For Sale in Claddagh, Galway from Simps85 Similar again, bit bigger than planned, slightly older engine methinks, but had a 10yr old Suki 70 b4 and she was a dream

Inflatable Dinghy for sale , Avon Adventure 5.6 Rigid Inflatable 90Hp... - Boats And Outboards Again bigger than planned, but has that word adventure in it ? ?

rib | Dunmurry | Gumtree Like this one, especially if i could get price down a little

BOAT in Dublin – BuyandSell.ie Againa bit bigger than planned and whats the story with the price, seems a it cheaper that expected ??
__________________
septicsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2014, 03:35   #19
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakelandterrier View Post
You can always swap out he engine at a later date....In your specified size I'd choose the hull / configuration you need and live with the initial engine. You might wait for perfection and it never arrives - or not at the budget price.
I agree. It's important to get a boat with good tubes and a sound hull as those bits are expensive to fix. Trailers and outboards can be sold on and replaced with new when more funds allow.

Chris
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2014, 04:02   #20
Member
 
spartacus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 60hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,267
RIBase
I'll throw this into the mix... retire a safe distance and let the feeding frenzy begin.
Delta Rib 5.5m | RIB Boat and Engine Sales | Galloway Marine Northern Ireland
__________________

__________________
Is that with or without VAT?
spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rib

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.