Old 01 February 2014, 10:04   #21
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
My two cents worth
Quote:
Originally Posted by septicsac View Post
Few out there, just none ideal one way or the other :

Lencraft 5.5 RIB + Suzuki 70hp 4-stroke For Sale in Dublin : €7,500 - DoneDeal.ie Bit more money than planned and bit bigger than planned, but if could negotiate few quid off might be tempted. What these like ? Like most older lennies - scruffy as f@@k. Lot of tidying needed to get this on the water. Why did it need a new axle?

Lencraft 58 For Sale in Claddagh, Galway from Simps85 Similar again, bit bigger than planned, slightly older engine methinks, but had a 10yr old Suki 70 b4 and she was a dream Actually like the LOOK of this one. You don't want speed so the combo is probably OK. Good layout for fishing. Generally tidy appearance. You should be able to check the hours on the Suzi. Not too far away from you ;-)

Inflatable Dinghy for sale , Avon Adventure 5.6 Rigid Inflatable 90Hp... - Boats And Outboards Again bigger than planned, but has that word adventure in it ? ? "A" word

rib | Dunmurry | Gumtree Like this one, especially if i could get price down a little Interesting. The lad is making NO SERIOUS attempt to sell it, either in pics or text. No meaningful details. If I used photos that bad to sell my RIB, I'd black my face out too. I seem to remember another ad around there offering a swap for a Transporter. SEND NO CASH!!!

BOAT in Dublin – BuyandSell.ie Againa bit bigger than planned and whats the story with the price, seems a it cheaper that expected ?? This is not a RIB, it's an inflatable
Old 07 February 2014, 16:03   #22

Town: Termonfeckin
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Yamaha F50 4 Stroke
Another to add to the list....
Humber assault 5.3M - what are they like ? ? Only seen pics and the hull "V" looks very shallow, if you know what I mean, does this mean they are quite "slammy" in a typical Irish sea short sharp chop ? ?

Leaning towards the ribcraft as we speak, unless something comes up at the right price
Old 07 February 2014, 16:31   #23

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
If you like Yellow?.. some DO!....Cheap looking Ribcraft 4.8 on B&O with Built in fuel Tank

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2014, 17:22   #24

Town: Dorset
Boat name: BlueTube
Make: XS500
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury Opti 75hp
MMSI: 235098668
Inflatable Dinghy for sale , Avon Adventure 5.6 Rigid Inflatable 90Hp... - Boats And Outboards Again bigger than planned, but has that word adventure in it ? ?

Scam! .... Don't part with cash!! And you will need 4x4
Old 07 February 2014, 17:50   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
If you like Yellow?.. some DO!....Cheap looking Ribcraft 4.8 on B&O with Built in fuel Tank
Looks tidy enough alright and colour does not bother me. If engine was running well then it could be a goer, thanks.
Old 07 February 2014, 22:31   #26

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
I will have an attaque 5.3 for sale shortly, around the £5000 mark with a nice Suzuki 4 stroke. They aernt at all spammy or shallow V they are a good sea boat but quite narrow so can't have side-by-side seating.
Old 07 February 2014, 22:44   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
I will have an attaque 5.3 for sale shortly, around the £5000 mark with a nice Suzuki 4 stroke. They aernt at all spammy or shallow V they are a good sea boat but quite narrow so can't have side-by-side seating.
Cheers Daniel, but you are in Margate and I am in Ireland, its a long way away for me to travel, but send me more details and I will have a look at her
Old 08 February 2014, 06:37   #28

Well as it happens I'm in Pembroke Dock right now which isn't all that far from Ireland I do however live in kent and will be driving back today!!!

I'll snap a photo off.
Old 08 February 2014, 07:53   #29

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
One Adventure that shouldn't be discounted is the Avon Adventure SR470. These are actually a 4.7 Searider in drag, ie with leisure spec tubes. Hypalon, but with a single rubbing strake and fancy patches.
Still a Searider in all other respects - best rib ever made in the 4.5 - 5.0m size.
Old 08 February 2014, 08:32   #30

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
^ cue Rainman comment from Mollers.
Old 08 February 2014, 08:36   #31

Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by septicsac View Post
in a typical Irish sea short sharp chop ? ?
As has already been said, look for a SR4.7 or a Ribcraft 4.8
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 February 2014, 11:22   #32

Town: Cork Ireland
Boat name: Rambler
Make: Valiant PT
Engine: Suzuki Df 60 a
Good Afternoon Septicsac .
I see your leaning towards the Ribcraft 4.8 . My previous rib was a Humber 6 m and for launching and retrieving reason I down sized to the Ribcraft 4.8
Last summer we holidayed in West Cork and on several days ber,myself and the two kids aged 7 and 13 went out to the Fastnet Rock whale watching
And fishing .I have the Honda 50 four stroke on the back which I think is the perfect marriage for both power and fuel consumption . Im living in Cork if your down this direction touch base and you can have a look . I have it set up for fishing so it will give you a few ideas or drop me your email address and I can send you a few photos. Best of Luck
Old 09 February 2014, 06:41   #33

Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Ey up
I have recently bought a Ribcraft 4.8 with a 50hp four stroke . I have no boating experience at all so my knowledge is all theory . I knew that I would always be towing and launching my boat and the west coast of Scotland is a favourite area for me and my family so what ever I bought needed to be safe .

The research I did always seemed to point towards a 4.8 m ribcraft . It would seem to be one of the more capable small ribs . Get the ease of towing and launch but still safe on quickly changeable seas.

I think the purists would put a 60 hp on . Mine seems to be flat out at 30 knots which i am quite happy with .

Steve
Old 09 February 2014, 12:11   #34

Town: Bristol
Engine: Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Yes they are, its the most Shallow V hull that they do,, attaque/ ocean pro/and lastly the destroyer..
Old 09 February 2014, 13:43   #35

Town: Bangor
Boat name: Lencraft 4.8m
Make: Lencraft
Engine: DT55HP Suzuki
Probably not what what you are after but thinking of selling my Lencraft 4.8m to take up sailing. Agree with previous posts that a Ribcraft would be better but a lot more money.

Mine is a fairly fresh hull with very good tubes which is why I bought it. The engine is a very low hours Mariner 75HP 2 stroke, with you wanting a 4 stroke and slower boat probably not what you want but it is a LOT of fun on the water and not at all hard on fuel.

If I sell it I will be looking for about £4,000.

Old 09 February 2014, 13:57   #36
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt h View Post
Yes they are, its the most Shallow V hull that they do,, attaque/ ocean pro/and lastly the destroyer..
If you think again Matt, you'll recall that it is the Assault that is the shallow slappy hull. The Attaque is a forerunner of the Oceanpro hull. I understand that they are/were quite good!
Old 09 February 2014, 14:44   #37

Yes you are wrong Matt, the attaque is still marketed as the narrow beam ocean pro I believe it is an excellent hull and was simply widened for the very popular / more modern ocean pro series.

Predictive iPhone or something changed slammy into spammy in my last post. The attaque is not at all slammy.
Old 09 February 2014, 16:31   #38

Town: Acharacle
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF175
I can concur. I have an elderly Attaque 5.3 a very confidence inspiring solid hull. Though its my first rib and therefore I'm not comparing it to anything.

As far as I remember I read somewhere that some loony crossed the atlantic in an Attaque!
Old 09 February 2014, 16:38   #39

Town: Bristol
Engine: Yamaha
Wilk your right and im wrong,, The assault was the shallow V ..Not the attack.. BUT my 5.3 Ocean Pro was slappy as buggery. My Ribcraft 4.8 peed all over it when i raced the new owner tho!!
Old 09 February 2014, 16:57   #40

Interesting feedback. I've been in a lot of ribs but never been in a ribcraft, to say a 4.8 outperformed a 5.3 is saying something...

I'm considering a RC 585 for round Britain, heard nothing but good things about that hull. Separate thread that tho.

Tags
rib