Old 20 March 2009, 11:18   #1

Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: Puffling
Make: Avon Rover 3.4m
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 15hp
Send a message via MSN to badbaws
2002 90 Yamaha on Ebay

Looks a nice model, 2002 90 Yamaha for all you 5.4m Searider lovers..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-90hp-ou...1%7C240%3A1318
Old 21 March 2009, 09:41   #2

Town: Plymouth
Make: Avon SR4,AX500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 50 2 Stroke
Now sold.

Anyone from RIBnet?
Old 21 March 2009, 23:31   #3

Town: Bangor,Co Down
Make: Gemini/ Avon
Old 22 March 2009, 00:21   #4

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Damian, did you buy it? Do you need it collecting (I'm about half an hour from where that engine is this weekend).

Why do I think thats our man Dan Cooper?
Old 22 March 2009, 09:20   #5

Old 22 March 2009, 10:15   #6

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Damian, did you buy it? Do you need it collecting (I'm about half an hour from where that engine is this weekend).

Why do I think thats our man Dan Cooper?
I did think the same thing.....
Old 24 March 2009, 20:42   #7

He is still trading, now under a different name:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-90hp-ou...1%7C240%3A1318
Old 26 March 2009, 18:54   #8

Town: Plymouth
Make: Avon SR4,AX500
Engine: Yam 50 2 Stroke
Back up for sale on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-90hp-ou...3A1|240%3A1318
Old 26 March 2009, 19:00   #9

Town: I.O.W/Switzerland
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Engine: 90hp Tohatsu TLDI
bit friggin steep on the old price isn't it? I know these engines are popular but you could get a newer opti 90 for that money!
Old 26 March 2009, 20:02   #10

I'm sure slaphead won't mind me saying this. It seems that is Dan Cooper, using both a different user name and a different personal name. Slaphead won the auction, not realising who was selling it, and asked me to go and have a look before he parted with any cash - I was staying nearby over the weekend. I rang the number the seller gave us but to no avail, no answer. Make of that what you will.
Old 26 March 2009, 20:53   #11

Oh well....maybe that means that Steve Moody from nseoutboardcentre in Beccles isn't going to sue me then.

I got an email from E bay this morning stating that 'Nic' from nseoutboardcentre wanted to cancel the transaction with my permission which I reluctantly did...it seemed like such a good engine...if only 'Nic' had answered the phone.

E bay then confirmed by e mail that the case was closed and that I was no longer obligated to buy the engine.

This was then followed by a series of threatening e mails from a 'Steve Moody' from nseoutboardcentre whose grammar was appalling and who had spoken to 'Nic' about this matter.

Moody was not happy with the contact issue and told me I had bought the engine,it was on a pallet ready to go and he would 'persue' me as a non paying buyer.

This was followed 20 minutes later by another e mail threatening me with the small claims court, that I 'tried to use nick as an excuse for not buying the engine. and after 20 years of tradeing it isnt always the money its wats fare and right.'

This afternoon I got another e mail from him stating he now had my address and if I didn't contact him he would raise an invoice for the cost of the engine,shipping and recovery costs. I have 7 days to pay.
Old 26 March 2009, 21:22   #12
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Leave them a neg if you don't like their attitude...

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2009, 16:53   #13

Town: London
Boat name: N/A
Length: no boat
Send a message via MSN to boomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaphead View Post
Oh well....maybe that means that Steve Moody from nseoutboardcentre in Beccles isn't going to sue me then.

I got an email from E bay this morning stating that 'Nic' from nseoutboardcentre wanted to cancel the transaction with my permission which I reluctantly did...it seemed like such a good engine...if only 'Nic' had answered the phone.

E bay then confirmed by e mail that the case was closed and that I was no longer obligated to buy the engine.

This was then followed by a series of threatening e mails from a 'Steve Moody' from nseoutboardcentre whose grammar was appalling and who had spoken to 'Nic' about this matter.

Moody was not happy with the contact issue and told me I had bought the engine,it was on a pallet ready to go and he would 'persue' me as a non paying buyer.

This was followed 20 minutes later by another e mail threatening me with the small claims court, that I 'tried to use nick as an excuse for not buying the engine. and after 20 years of tradeing it isnt always the money its wats fare and right.'

This afternoon I got another e mail from him stating he now had my address and if I didn't contact him he would raise an invoice for the cost of the engine,shipping and recovery costs. I have 7 days to pay.
From what I can see they havent a leg to stand on, they cancelled the contract not you, if they really think they can win let them take you to court, all you will need to do is show the proof that THEY (ie nic) cancelled the transaction and you reluctantly agreed.

Case Dismissed.
Old 29 March 2009, 21:01   #14
RIBnet admin team

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
I'm sure slaphead won't mind me saying this. It seems that is Dan Cooper, using both a different user name and a different personal name. Slaphead won the auction, not realising who was selling it, and asked me to go and have a look before he parted with any cash - I was staying nearby over the weekend. I rang the number the seller gave us but to no avail, no answer. Make of that what you will.

I'm fairly sure it's not Dan Cooper. The spelling and syntax are significantly different.

Old 30 March 2009, 11:16   #15

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Yamaha
i remember speaking with this guy 8 months ago when this engine was last offered for sale,(it was the exactly the same pic), i pulled out, something didnt feel right at the time,
Old 07 May 2009, 16:17   #16

Town: beccles
dan cooper

I am tired of reading comments that our slandering our good buisness names. Windways marine services, nseoutboardcentre and Anglia outboard centre have absolutly no connections to dan cooper. You can check the yellow pages(norwich directory) for anglia outboard centre , you can check windways marine out by ringing a reputable dealer such as seamark nunn ltd.
nse outboard centre is our joint ebay trading name.
As for our very popular yamaha 90's we sell , we buy these 20 at a time from an offshore supply company. The reason for the same photo on ebay is that it is a libary picture only.

As for dan cooper we have also had run ins with him in the past and he owes us quite a lot of money. We do have his home address if anyone wants to contact me for it i will be happy to provide.

I am not happy that i am having to explain myself to everybody but as everyone seems to have it in their head that we are connected i have no choice.

I also read that steve is supposedly dan coopers son?? dan cooper is about 24 and steve is 36 so unless a miracle has happened please get you facts straight.

If anyone wants to talk to me about this matter please phone me on 07591 975555 during working hours, if i can not take call i will call back as soon as i am free.

If anyone does want to continue slandering our buisness please make sure you have solid evidence as reputatation is everything to us and we will do our best to defend this.

Could the administrator of ribnet forum please phone me to discuss the exsisting posts concering our buisness

I hope this clarifys things for a few people

Please note that this post is not directed at everyone only people who have directly affected our buisness, to all other users i am sorry for the strong post but as i am sure you can understand i can not have our reputation slurred

Kind regards

Nic and Steve
Old 07 May 2009, 17:24   #17
RIBnet admin team

RIBase
I've just spent a good half hour on the phone to NSE outboard centre (not,I might add in any official capacity-just because I wanted to make sure I hadn't cost them money myself!) , and I can confirm that Dan Cooper is absolutely nothing to do with them and never has been.
I'm actually really impressed with the way they've handled this as Cooper has been a significantly obtrusive millstone around their necks for a long time.

It's quite understandable that they are more than a little annoyed about the false association being made between themselves and Cooper, and having heard what some people (you know who you are) have been emailing potential customers the tone used in their post above is (in my personal view) quite understandable given the affect it's had on their business.

All in all, I'm quite impressed with them-and the Yam 90s are genuine and they can get more...

Old 07 May 2009, 17:26   #18

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
this is a classic case of why i've stopped posting on here, everybody jumps on the band wagon without knowing buggerall about anything, in there defence a little bit they're just trying to stop this matey taking so many people for a ride, if you're local to him i would go and see him afterall its him who owes you money and is ultimately its him who has started ruining your good name
Old 07 May 2009, 17:34   #19

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaphead View Post

So are we saying then the experience Slaphead had with NSE did not happen

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2009, 17:35   #20

Town: beccles
dan cooper

biffer
thanks for your post in support

AS for collecting money from him, many members will be aware that this is fairly futile, i have tried for 2 years to get my money out of him with no joy.
He really is a problem which needs to be dealt with, but it needs to be done collectivly with evidence supporting any claims that people may have and then a complete dossier being presented to the police.

regards

Nic