Well last week was expensive but had to be done in order for the project to move to the next stage!
Consoles have now arrived and look fantastic thanks to Mike Whitham Fibreglass
Engine (115Hp Optimax) now sourced and just waiting for a delivery date but thanks for Peter from Boats and Outboards with his help to date with this!
Now decision time and would appreciate peoples opinions. I have never seen this boat on water so don't even know it will float but from the work I have done on the hull everything appears to be ok however the next stage of the project is putting the expensive bits on. So its decision time when my choices are
1.) Just carry on with the project and assume it will float (hull looks ok with no obvious damage)
2.) fill the hull with water and see if it leaks. I imagine the excessive weight will put pressure on the hull where contacts with trailer rollers so not sure if this is a good idea.
3.) Launch the boat into the water for 1/2 hour and see if it float or fills with water
What do you reckon folks?