Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 16 September 2019, 12:00   #1
Member
 
Salona 1's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Stockport
Boat name: Salona 1
Make: Salona 7.45 (maestra
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 250
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
New to group

Hi new to this group and interested in any runs in n around north wales , mainly launch from bull bay Anglesey, be good to catch up with some of you , used to be out a few years back on blue thunder and nitrox , are there still rides being organised doing loops of Anglesey or iom ?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1310.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	130816
__________________

__________________
Salona 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 18:42   #2
Member
 
Dan Gurney's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bingley, West Yorks
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salona 1 View Post
Hi new to this group and interested in any runs in n around north wales , mainly launch from bull bay Anglesey, be good to catch up with some of you , used to be out a few years back on blue thunder and nitrox , are there still rides being organised doing loops of Anglesey or iom ?Attachment 130816
Hey there, welcome.

There are a few of us that boat around that neck of the woods. A few (myself included) launch from Ty Calch, just south of Caernarfon on the Straits, which unfortunately is about as far from you around the island as you can get. We've not had an officially organised meet up this year but there's still been a fair few trips around Anglesey, and we've been down to Bardsey a couple of times which is a nice run. It tends to be a case of grabbing the weather when it presents itself!

I'd definitely like to try IoM and/or Dublin next season.
__________________

__________________
Dan Gurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 14:15   #3
Member
 
Salona 1's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Stockport
Boat name: Salona 1
Make: Salona 7.45 (maestra
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 250
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Gurney View Post
Hey there, welcome.



There are a few of us that boat around that neck of the woods. A few (myself included) launch from Ty Calch, just south of Caernarfon on the Straits, which unfortunately is about as far from you around the island as you can get. We've not had an officially organised meet up this year but there's still been a fair few trips around Anglesey, and we've been down to Bardsey a couple of times which is a nice run. It tends to be a case of grabbing the weather when it presents itself!



I'd definitely like to try IoM and/or Dublin next season.


Hi dan , thanks ,,
To be fair Iím quite often in the strait either launching from porth Daniel or riding round from bull bay, only had this rib a couple of months and done two loops of Anglesey one being 120 mile via the ty coch so love the longer runs ,, had jet skis in the past where we have done rides from bull bay and looped the iom and Anglesey in a day also a 275 mile to Scotland,
Never actually done Ireland but it is on the agenda hopefully out this wkend after picking the boat back up from abc marina 🤞🤞
__________________
Salona 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 20:04   #4
Member
 
Dan Gurney's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bingley, West Yorks
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salona 1 View Post
Hi dan , thanks ,,
To be fair Iím quite often in the strait either launching from porth Daniel or riding round from bull bay, only had this rib a couple of months and done two loops of Anglesey one being 120 mile via the ty coch so love the longer runs ,, had jet skis in the past where we have done rides from bull bay and looped the iom and Anglesey in a day also a 275 mile to Scotland,
Never actually done Ireland but it is on the agenda hopefully out this wkend after picking the boat back up from abc marina
Blimey! Where do you put all the fuel on a jet ski?
__________________
Dan Gurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 01:18   #5
Member
 
Salona 1's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Stockport
Boat name: Salona 1
Make: Salona 7.45 (maestra
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 250
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Gurney View Post
Blimey! Where do you put all the fuel on a jet ski?


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9612.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	130834
Extra 66 litres on the back plus plan fuel stops at Ramsey iom
__________________
Salona 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 07:20   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salona 1 View Post
Attachment 130834
Extra 66 litres on the back plus plan fuel stops at Ramsey iom
love it cracking it's a wonder you haven't been pulled up for exporting fuel
__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 12:32   #7
Member
 
Dan Gurney's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bingley, West Yorks
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salona 1 View Post
Attachment 130834
Extra 66 litres on the back plus plan fuel stops at Ramsey iom
Haha. Serious ski touring. Nice one.
__________________

__________________
Dan Gurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×