Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 19 May 2011, 15:13   #51
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Orpington
Make: Seapro 340HD
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8HP
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
Yes i am not a lover of the beach,just gonna camp down have a few beers ,then a nice early start ,get the boat ready and thats when the fishing really starts,yes all i catch now are tiddlers off the beach,hope you do well the wk end,why don t you Pm GIBBERFISH,ask if you can come down to sample the clubs facilities,you could launch out and join us out on bit of inshore fishing.

Hi Thornry,

I will definitely do that one weekend. I've been looking at fishfinders. What do you think of the Humminbird 110 fishing buddy? I like the way the unit clamps onto the transom. Do you think it will still give a good read out being right next to the outboard?

Popeye
__________________

__________________
Popeye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2011, 15:18   #52
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye1 View Post
Hi Thornry,

I will definitely do that one weekend. I've been looking at fishfinders. What do you think of the Humminbird 110 fishing buddy? I like the way the unit clamps onto the transom. Do you think it will still give a good read out being right next to the outboard?

Popeye
well i have the Hummingbird Pirahna,and you do get a little disturbance from the prop but as you slow right down,you should get your depth,thats all i use my one for and finding the contours of the bottom ,but i got standard Horizon internal arieal GPS so i can read what type of features im fishing on,ie ,mud ,sand,rocks,e.t.c
__________________

__________________
thornbackflound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2011, 15:22   #53
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Orpington
Make: Seapro 340HD
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8HP
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
well i have the Hummingbird Pirahna,and you do get a little disturbance from the prop but as you slow right down,you should get your depth,thats all i use my one for and finding the contours of the bottom ,but i got standard Horizon internal arieal GPS so i can read what type of features im fishing on,ie ,mud ,sand,rocks,e.t.c
Thorny,

Are you using a suction pad to mount the tranducer, and if so where do you mount it? How much are they, and do they run off batteries?

Popeye
__________________
Popeye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2011, 15:28   #54
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye1 View Post
Thorny,

Are you using a suction pad to mount the tranducer, and if so where do you mount it? How much are they, and do they run off batteries?

Popeye
I payed about 160 quid i seem to recall? and the suction pad works great on my seago 2.70 sib,but i have had to make a bracket and a G clamp for the Earl,this will be tried out sat for the first time,self bailers stop me from sticking it on with the suction cap.there must be cheaper out there with a suction cap,google up im sure there will be one.
__________________

__________________
thornbackflound is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.