Old 25 February 2013, 14:12   #1

Town: Portsmouth
Length: 4m +
New Member from Portsmouth, England

Hi everybody, just signed up today, looks like an interesting site. Reason for me joining is to gain some knowledge about inflatable manufacture. I am a design engineer in the aggregate (sand and gravel) industry and have always tinkered with boat design in my spare time. I am a fabricator welder by trade, so as well as designing processing plant, I also get to build it as well, which is where all the fun is ! I am looking to start a new project called a cataraft, not available to buy in this country, seems to be an American thing, and I would rather build my own custom tubes and frame anyway. If anybody has any ideas or interest in this, look up 'cataraft' in Google, there are plenty of manufacturers in the States. Anybody done a project like this before ?, regards, Bally
Old 25 February 2013, 14:19   #2

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Bubbas Bouy
Length: 7m +
Engine: Mercruiser
RIBase
Hi, and welcome.

What and where in the UK would you want to use one of those for? Not that many white water rivers you could use it on? Always to much overhanging vegetation in the UK...
Old 25 February 2013, 14:25   #3

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Welcome

Sod 'cataraft' Google 'Zapcat'
Old 25 February 2013, 14:27   #4

Town: Portsmouth
Length: 4m +
At the top of Langstone harbour, there is an area where Bass feed on the surface from March to October. only about 10' deep and like a millpond when calm. Electric outboard for stealth, not speed. You need to creep up on these fish and one of these looks ideal, plus, my wife has never been keen on me having a boat on the drive, this I can deflate, dismantle and put it in the back of my Vito.