Old 06 October 2019, 10:08   #1

Town: Aldershot
Boat name: No name
Make: Fletcher
Length: 5m +
Engine: Inboard
New member - Fletcher to Rib....

Morning all and thanks for allowing me to join.

My situation is a follows - I'm a member of a club in Southsea and my boat is based down there. Said boat is a Fletcher Arrowflyte with a 2009 75CETO Yamaha on her.

I joined the club without doing enough research on the tides and swells outside Langstone Harbour - as such I can't venture out in anything other than a gentle breeze so can count on one hand how many times I've been out this year, leading me to think I should be looking at something more seaworthy and that can take force 4/5 winds no problem hence a RIB...

I have an old school friend who's had ribs plus a guy at the club who i work with - he has a Gemini 5.5. It's probably been asked countless times before but which ribs are the best to go for please? Fundamentally it will be just for me, but occasionally my family may venture out.

In my research, Ribnet, Tornado and XS have been suggested?

I would like to take my Yamaha with me and fit it to a rib - so would be looking to switch engines over. I've seen ribs with 75 and 80hp's on them so it would work - my Yamaha being reasonably young only weighs 121 kg too.

Thanks for any help and steers you can all give me.....

Sean

Tags
rib