Old 19 September 2015, 17:53   #1

Town: Bristol
Make: Honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 20hp
New member and Rib needed

Hello All
I've just registered and need some help please.
I am after a inflatable for fishing on the south coast and also pottering around the Bristol docs and then up the rivers with the wife to maybe stop off at a pub for lunch.
I have been a kayaker for many years but due to a shoulder injury i think something with an engine is required.
I know the kids will want to be towed on a ringo or kneelboard on holiday trips as well.
But more seriously for the fishing point of view.
I have no tow bar on my van and nowhere to store a trailer so i need a fold away inflatable with an outboard i can lift.

After a visit to the Southampton boat show I was pushed towards the Honawave or the Excel boats with a 20hp engine on the back.
If anyone give me some pointers and advice I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks
Pabs
Old 19 September 2015, 18:29   #2

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Hi pabs

Welcome sounds like an aero tec is what you need fen lander will be along shortly he's a weath of info on sibs and the lightweight portable boats.
Best of luck with your choice.

Cheers Jeff
Old 19 September 2015, 21:15   #3

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Yep welcome to the forum. First I wonder if you've seen the sticky "Which SIB" thread in the inflatable section? Looking through it may help point you in the right direction and bring up some more specific question from you.

In general I'd say you are well served with air floor inflatables from the Zodiac Fastroller range and other similar makes to the V floors of the Honwave 3.8ie and Bombard Aerotec which may be more suited to 20hp performance.

I say air floors as many daily inflate folks choose them over fiddling with getting alloy floors into place.... and for their very light weight when packed.

Are you sure you can manhandle a 20hp "out of the van"? Give one a good swing about before you commit... they might just be OK on dry level ground but can be a challenge over sand, rocks, wet slipways etc.

I notice you mention the boat show... does this mean you want new? There will be lots of good value complete outfits in fantastic condition this time of year.

Tags
rib