Old 04 October 2016, 22:32   #1

Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Hi from West Coast Scotland

Evening all, I've been lurking on the forums for a while now as being a diver I've always had a love of RiB's and a hankering to own my very own RIB.
I was based down in Wales for several years where I had access to our dive clubs RIB, a Humber Destroyer 5.8m which then made way for a Northcraft 6.1m which was a wee cracker.
Having now moved back to my hometown last year I've been missing getting out on the sea so have been looking for something sensibly priced to come along.
Just yesterday I was unexpectedly talking with a friend and the long and short of it is that I now have a project on my hands in exchange for an old Kubota tractor I had lying around.
A new thread of the project Gemini will be started soon but for now I look forward to talking with you all
Old 04 October 2016, 22:58   #2

Town: Toronto
Make: Highfield
Engine: Yamaha 115XB
Congrats on the new project! What kind of diving you plan on doing from it?
Old 04 October 2016, 23:58   #3

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Welcome from a fellow Brandane. Glad you're back on the water and look forward to hearing all about your project. I bet it's nice to be back home!! I'm still a bit away but can see the southern tip of the island on a good.
Cheers
J
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 October 2016, 07:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDiver View Post
Congrats on the new project! What kind of diving you plan on doing from it?

Thanks Torontodiver, it's a fair old project. I like to do wreck dives of which there are a few around here but since moving last year I've only managed to get a few shore dives in due to moving house, building up a business, and obviously not having a means of transport out to any of the wrecks. I'm hoping next year will be a bit more productive :-)
Old 05 October 2016, 07:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Welcome from a fellow Brandane. Glad you're back on the water and look forward to hearing all about your project. I bet it's nice to be back home!! I'm still a bit away but can see the southern tip of the island on a good.
Cheers
J

Hi Jambo, thanks and yes it is nice to be back home. I've had to knock down a gear to slow back into the pace of life here lol. I'm guessing you must be around the sort of Ayr area or a bit further south if you can still see the tip of the island? Hopefully see you on the water some time next year (being optimistic lol). Cheers 👍😊
Old 05 October 2016, 12:26   #6

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandane View Post
Hi Jambo, thanks and yes it is nice to be back home. I've had to knock down a gear to slow back into the pace of life here lol. I'm guessing you must be around the sort of Ayr area or a bit further south if you can still see the tip of the island? Hopefully see you on the water some time next year (being optimistic lol). Cheers 👍😊
Hi yes I think life would be a little slower! Yes I'm down in Girvan and each day I always look up to see Garroch Head.
Look forward to seeing you on the water.
Cheers
J