Old 18 October 2017, 03:24   #1

Town: Alexandria, VA
Length: no boat
Hello from Virginia, USA.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Bo and I have been scouring this site to get ideas. I have managed to convince my wife to let me get my first boat! I am a freediver with very limited boating experience, the majority of which has been diving off of RIBs in Hawaii. The dive operation that I've used relied only on RIBs to quickly track down marine mammals and allowed for quick insertion and extraction of divers so that we could interact with these animals. I really enjoyed the smooth ride and sharp handling of these RIBs and now hope to own my own...smaller of course! The RIBs we used in Hawaii included a decommissioned 11m Navy RIB.

The RIB I'll be getting will need to fit into my garage. After a lot of research I keep coming back to the Searider model...the SR4.0, SR4.7, and SR5.4 in particular. The combination of rugged construction and a water ballast hull seem like ideal features for use as a diving platform. In addition, they just look good! Something about those retired service SR5.4's with multiple jockey seats and powder coated A-frame is just very appealing to the eyes. Unfortunately, they all seem to be located in the UK!

Anyways, this site has been a great resource and I look fwd to learning more.

-Bo