Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 07 October 2015, 11:16   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Auchterarder, Perthshire
Boat name: Grace of Dana
Length: 3m +
Engine: BF5, BF9.9, DF70a
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Hello from Perthshire

New to the forum although I've lurked as a visitor once or twice. Proud owner of a Honwave 32 sib in which my kids have had superb fun and also (be gentle&#128516 a rigid Orkney 592. We love cruising the west coast: Loch Sween, Jura and up around Appin and out to Tiree. The kids have gotten a real sense of adventure when we have cruised "in company" with them skippering the sib. I am trying to diagnose a real brain teaser of a problem with the Honwave. I will post separately on this one.

Hi all,

Hamish
__________________

__________________
Chairmanrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2015, 11:21   #2
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Hamish, Welcome... There's a growing cluster of Scottish honwave owners here. Keep your eyes open for next year's Scottish Sib gathering... I'm working on some thoughts just now...
__________________
Poly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2015, 11:21   #3
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,595
RIBase
Welcome to Ribnet. Good choice of cruising ground, first choice of plenty of folk in here. I'm sure you won't go lonely👍


.....sh1t happens.......
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2015, 11:23   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,787
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairmanrush View Post
New to the forum although I've lurked as a visitor once or twice. Proud owner of a Honwave 32 sib in which my kids have had superb fun and also (be gentle&#128516 a rigid Orkney 592. We love cruising the west coast: Loch Sween, Jura and up around Appin and out to Tiree. The kids have gotten a real sense of adventure when we have cruised "in company" with them skippering the sib. I am trying to diagnose a real brain teaser of a problem with the Honwave. I will post separately on this one.

Hi all,

Hamish
Well hamish welcome to RN. As you can see from my signature I do my ribbing from tayvallich so we probably have bumped into each other.
Yes your family will enjoy the many nooks and crannies around there I'm sure . So all the best and many safe hours.
BTW UK England town Perthshire??????? am I missing something?
Cheers
J
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2015, 11:34   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,276
Yep welcome Hamish. I like those Honwave 3.2m models... air floor I assume?

We too get up to the Loch Sween area when we can... and I first trained my daughters in our 3.1m Zodiac alongside our Bonwitco fast fisher in Loch Caolisport operating from an Ellary Estate cottage.
__________________
Fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2015, 12:01   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Auchterarder, Perthshire
Boat name: Grace of Dana
Length: 3m +
Engine: BF5, BF9.9, DF70a
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Jambo, there are plenty of folks round these parts that think Perthshire is a bit of England but not me. Using the app and I'm not capable of finding the edits for my settings so I will have to go old school on the steam driven PC later!
__________________
Chairmanrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2015, 12:04   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Auchterarder, Perthshire
Boat name: Grace of Dana
Length: 3m +
Engine: BF5, BF9.9, DF70a
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Yep welcome Hamish. I like those Honwave 3.2m models... air floor I assume?

We too get up to the Loch Sween area when we can... and I first trained my daughters in our 3.1m Zodiac alongside our Bonwitco fast fisher in Loch Caolisport operating from an Ellary Estate cottage.

Air floor indeed and there lies my current brain teaser - will post in SIB forum.
__________________
Chairmanrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2015, 12:35   #8
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,787
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairmanrush View Post
Jambo, there are plenty of folks round these parts that think Perthshire is a bit of England but not me. Using the app and I'm not capable of finding the edits for my settings so I will have to go old school on the steam driven PC later!
I know what you mean my sis in law stays in Crieff. No probs hope to see you in tayvallich
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2015, 15:13   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Bishopton Scotland
Boat name: Seewizz
Make: Coastline 7.0mtr
Length: 7m +
Engine: Volvo D3 160 SX
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 55
Hi Hamish, Having been running around the waters of Loch Sween ect for almost 50 years I am always impressed at how many people on ribnet come to enjoy these wonderful waters. Yet there are many days when to see another boat on the water is rare.
__________________
calum mckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2015, 15:43   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Auchterarder, Perthshire
Boat name: Grace of Dana
Length: 3m +
Engine: BF5, BF9.9, DF70a
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Thanks to all for the welcome. I think we're all agreed the waters of mid Argyll are well worth the visit. We've sailed, swum, dived, fished, sib'd, rib'd and skied and its hard to beat!
__________________

__________________
Chairmanrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.