Old 13 December 2014, 14:03   #1

Town: Long Island NY
Make: Mercury
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp etech
Hello From Long Island New York

Hi all,
I've been a RIB owner ( 1993 12.6 RIB Zodiac for over 20 years ) It is now time for a replacement , I am on a tight budget so I'm still going to use the 30 hp Johnson engine that I used with the old RIB . I have been looking at a (13.9") Mercury 430 Ocean Runner Rigid hull. I have been told that it is not in the class of a comparable Zodiac, the Zodiac is double the price. Does anyone have any experience with Mercury, Pro's Cons etc. Is it built well ? PVC or Hypalon ? , I will mostly use the boat for scuba diving and zipping around with my 3 kids.

There are a couple of places i have been looking to buy from , one is -Defender and the other is Solution One Marine LLC. Are they reputable , my go to dealer went out of business long ago. thanks all
Old 13 December 2014, 14:40   #2

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Hi there,and welcome to Ribnet
Love New York at Christmas time!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2014, 00:14   #3

Town: New York
Boat name: SS.Pool.Toy
Make: Zoom By Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2006 mercury 15hp
MMSI: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfuse View Post
Hi all,
I've been a RIB owner ( 1993 12.6 RIB Zodiac for over 20 years ) It is now time for a replacement , I am on a tight budget so I'm still going to use the 30 hp Johnson engine that I used with the old RIB . I have been looking at a (13.9") Mercury 430 Ocean Runner Rigid hull. I have been told that it is not in the class of a comparable Zodiac, the Zodiac is double the price. Does anyone have any experience with Mercury, Pro's Cons etc. Is it built well ? PVC or Hypalon ? , I will mostly use the boat for scuba diving and zipping around with my 3 kids.

There are a couple of places i have been looking to buy from , one is -Defender and the other is Solution One Marine LLC. Are they reputable , my go to dealer went out of business long ago. thanks all
Mercury oceanrunner is a very reliable and reputable boat. It is PVC thermowelded which is mucher better then glue. I know hypalon boats are rated for 20 years but this pvc boat should give you 10 easy as long as during summer time you spray it with uv protection cleaner. Friend of mine had the inflatable floor mercury that was 10 years old, he used it for 6 more years then sold it to his cousin. His cousin has it now and it to lazy to go boating with us. (we have a little inflatable fleet) from NYC here Jamaica bay area (NY bight area). By the way welcome to the forum