Old 02 May 2017, 19:12   #1

Length: 3m +
Hello from Cumbria

Hi, I'm Scott from Cumbria and i've been looking around this forum for the past couple of weeks gaining information.
I've just bought a 3.0 Waveco with a 3.5 Tohatsu, possibly could have made a better choice given the information i've read on here but its an ideal size and the price for it all new was just to good to not have it.

I'm not new to Sibs but this is the first one i've had in the last 12yrs, my intention is to use it on Coniston, Windermere & Ullswater, a bit of fishing or family picnics mostly, although i live in Barrow and i'm surrounded by the sea i've no intention of going to sea in it.
I've ordered a set of wheels for it
Boat Transom Launching Wheels for Inflatable, Dinghy, DeluxeTrans PU200 GB | eBay
These seem to be the ideal option, the last set of wheels i had on a sib stuck up that far i couldnt turn the engine 360deg which was a pain at times, these seem to get around that.

I'll probably have a few questions in the coming weeks, i look forward to reading your answers and for now i'll carry on looking through the forum.
Old 02 May 2017, 20:45   #2

Town: Barrow in furness
Length: under 3m
Hi Scott
We are local and have a 3 metre Ribeye that we take on Coniston or Windermere most weekends.
Any advice you need just away esp re places to launch etc.