Old 01 December 2016, 03:50   #21

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
If I didn't know any different, I'd say this whole thread was a wind-up. Either that or the OP is extremely naive & not the kind of person who ought to be in charge of this kind of undertaking.
All imho of course.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 December 2016, 09:03   #22
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESCCPR123 View Post
They managed to raise around £40,000 which is huge
It may SEEM huge, but the engine in the boat died during the challenge and had to be replaced. Had it not been under warranty that would have cost somewhere between £30-£40k.
Old 01 December 2016, 12:21   #23

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
It may SEEM huge, but the engine in the boat died during the challenge and had to be replaced. Had it not been under warranty that would have cost somewhere between £30-£40k.
Just for the record the engine died after they crossed the line so the challenge was completed and the replacement had nothing to do with the challenge. It was not under warranty as it was a reconditioned engine anyway . Best to get the facts right.
Old 01 December 2016, 12:41   #24

Town: Norfolk/Suffolk Borders
Make: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Just for the record the engine died after they crossed the line so the challenge was completed and the replacement had nothing to do with the challenge. It was not under warranty as it was a reconditioned engine anyway . Best to get the facts right.
Andre , I don't believe that this invalidates in any way the point that Willk ( and others) are making . Surely the costs and risks involved in such a fund-raising attempt ( however worthy the cause ) have to be very seriously looked at ?
Old 01 December 2016, 12:57   #25

Town: West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern Hanreck View Post
Andre , I don't believe that this invalidates in any way the point that Willk ( and others) are making . Surely the costs and risks involved in such a fund-raising attempt ( however worthy the cause ) have to be very seriously looked at ?
You are right it does not and I agree with the comments only I wanted to get the facts right as WILLK's post referred to the challenge which Parker Ribs supported
Old 01 December 2016, 14:14   #26
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
That's a bummer that you got pinched for the engine Andre - I missed that bit! As regards my other facts, I'm not sure where I got the idea that the Parker calved during the Challenge. I must be losing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
It does seem they suffered a very random and totally unpredictable engine failure at the 11th hour this morning.
However as Andre seems to be developing a theory of 'A Parker in every port' calls were made &athe final leg was completed on 1 very nice twin 300 Verado red number
Quote:
The Challenge was completed yesterday so after 10 hard days with 10 to 12 hours under way the Team finally arrived into the Solent. Sadly to us all the engine decided Enough was Enough and the Team with the assistance of SeaStart got to Southampton Dry Stack where a Parker 1000 Baltic SeaSafari Rib was already waiting in the water to take them at high speed to Poole.
Old 07 December 2016, 20:47   #27

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Just a thought but if you could source a suitable hull then contacting the manufacturers of the oxe diesel outboard may be worth a try if you could convince them there would be good publicity.They may lend you an engine for the challenge to promote their engines.
It's a long shot but I don't see you having a queue of willing donors knocking on your door offering suitable boats