Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 20 November 2017, 13:30   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colne
Boat name: Dounut
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 12
Gapruff1

Hi Iím new here and would just like to say hi and if anyone has any tips for me as Iím new to ribs
__________________

__________________
Gapruff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2017, 13:33   #2
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapruff1 View Post
Hi Iím new here and would just like to say hi and if anyone has any tips for me as Iím new to ribs


I am sure the welcoming committee will be along shortly, but perhaps tell us where you plan to go (and who with /why) and your boat and youíll get sensible tips.
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2017, 18:10   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colne
Boat name: Dounut
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
I am sure the welcoming committee will be along shortly, but perhaps tell us where you plan to go (and who with /why) and your boat and youíll get sensible tips.
Ibe got a 5m rib with a 60 yam I just want to do the south coast and bays,but next year I want to trailer it to Spain so any tips would be very much appreciated. Thank you Poly
__________________
Gapruff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 01:51   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,596
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapruff1 View Post
Ibe got a 5m rib with a 60 yam I just want to do the south coast and bays,but next year I want to trailer it to Spain so any tips would be very much appreciated. Thank you Poly


If you're taking her abroad, you will need ICC, SSR & appropriate insurance that covers you for the countries that you intend to visit. You will also need the original bill of sale showing that VAT has been paid.
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 03:41   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colne
Boat name: Dounut
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 12
Hi Dave thanks for your help,but now you’ve got me worried I bought the boat through a private sale and I don’t have a receipt saying I’ve paid vat on the boat,the other thing is that I’ve read various post that contradict the need of a icc some you need it others say they have sailed in Spain and never need one,but the main one is the vat receipt hope you can advise me on this
__________________
Gapruff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 03:50   #6
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapruff1 View Post
Hi Dave thanks for your help,but now youíve got me worried I bought the boat through a private sale and I donít have a receipt saying Iíve paid vat on the boat,the other thing is that Iíve read various post that contradict the need of a icc some you need it others say they have sailed in Spain and never need one,but the main one is the vat receipt hope you can advise me on this


The Vat issue is a bit like the ICC one. Lots of people might never be asked for one. Itís possible that there are technicalities that mean you donít really need it but when you are struggling to explain our relaxed british rules to a Spanish port official and he is threatening to impound your boat or fine you, you will wish you had just jumped through the hoops.

The ICC is cheap once you have a PB2 (which would be useful background anyway) or can be sat directly for experienced folk. Essentially it is free with RYA membership.

The first easy thing to do re the VAT would be contact the seller and ask if he has any paperwork (or can tell you who sold it to him - you might be able to get a copy from them).
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 04:26   #7
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,928
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
The first easy thing to do re the VAT would be contact the seller and ask if he has any paperwork (or can tell you who sold it to him - you might be able to get a copy from them).
Or design and print a VAT receipt from a defunct UK boat dealer and scuffle the edges up a bit...

__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 04:33   #8
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Or design and print a VAT receipt from a defunct UK boat dealer and scuffle the edges up a bit...


If you go down that route make sure you take the contact details for the consulate with you - foreign nationals suspected of fraud are not likely to get bail!
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 12:30   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colne
Boat name: Dounut
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 12
Gapruff1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
The Vat issue is a bit like the ICC one. Lots of people might never be asked for one. Itís possible that there are technicalities that mean you donít really need it but when you are struggling to explain our relaxed british rules to a Spanish port official and he is threatening to impound your boat or fine you, you will wish you had just jumped through the hoops.

The ICC is cheap once you have a PB2 (which would be useful background anyway) or can be sat directly for experienced folk. Essentially it is free with RYA membership.

The first easy thing to do re the VAT would be contact the seller and ask if he has any paperwork (or can tell you who sold it to him - you might be able to get a copy from them).
Thank you Poly for your advise I do intend on taking the pb2,and the icc,and Iíll give that a try and retrace the vat,Surley they can see itís an old boat and that the vat will have been paid on it at some point,thanks once again I really appreciate he help
__________________
Gapruff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 12:34   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colne
Boat name: Dounut
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 12
Gapruff1

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Or design and print a VAT receipt from a defunct UK boat dealer and scuffle the edges up a bit...

Thanks for the help mate but Iím to scared to do that lol but itís a good idea I just donít know any doggy boat shops lol
__________________

__________________
Gapruff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.