Old 15 January 2012, 11:36   #11
Town: Portsmouth Area
Boat name: Busy Bee
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki
For me the car drive through busy Portsmouth is off putting, Northney looks great but 40 mins to open sea. The best location for me would be Portsmouth
Watersport Centre along the Eastern Road you can be a member and use the slipway if you book up, but only some of the time they seem very vague at what they could offer due to reduced opening hours and barrier access, shame they could make a fortune

busybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2012, 17:26   #12
Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
The problem with Northney, and the Watersport centre to a lesser degree, is the amount of time it takes to get to open water without a speed limit.

The Camber, as suggested by Dry Run, is ideal really as you've only to cross the harbour(Remembering to call the HM to ask permission) then you're out through the channel into the Solent in 5 mins.

The ECA is a good place, and if they'll let you join it has all sorts of other advantages.
I wasn't aware the public slip had been un-adopted by the council.

RIBBED For extra pleasure.
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Member of the Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2012, 18:32   #13
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Twin 50 Mariners
The launching itself from Northney is straightforward, nice hard surfaced slip down to a sheltered area at the end of the channel into the marine, with a pontoon the boat can go straight alongside. Bit of a narrow channel out to the main run downharbour but after the first time you've done it, is OK.
Yes it's then a long chug down to open water and you may encounter racing fleets tacking up or gybing down the channel (I may be one of them sometimes!) but if you're after an easy launching spot I'd recommend it
Full marina rates though (20+ from memory?)

Smithyyy is offline   Reply With Quote

« New member | Top | Hello! »