Old 31 July 2018, 12:22   #1

Town: South East
Make: Honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: F6 Yamaha short
Another new SIB owner/member

Hello,

The plunge has been taken and the SIB is being collected on Friday this week. Many of you guys offered great advice and it helped in making an informed choice and taking my hobby to the next level (of financial strain!!)

It's a Honwave t38 being wafted along by a modest but very stowable 6hp F6 Yamaha outboard. My house and garden are small so a RIB is on the cards if I have a lottery win or massive change in circumstance/luck
It's enough to accommodate 2 fat blokes and some fishing gear and can't wait to get out there.
Old 31 July 2018, 14:27   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
>>>SIB is being collected on Friday this week. Many of you guys offered great advice and it helped in making an informed choice

As in reading existing threads?? Assuming so and that this is your first post welcome to the forum.

Honwaves are a good SIB and offer amazing value new or used.... loads of folks have them on here. The OB is smaller than many would use on that SIB but I understand the portability thing having just downshifted from 20hp to 10hp on my 3.8m SIB.

Where is the nearest water you'll be operating on from your home area?
Old 31 July 2018, 15:23   #3

Yes Fenlander most existing threads had the answers to what I was wanting to ask, a lot of knowledge was gained through it.

Yeah the OB thing was pondered on for many an hour really, as you say the portability/weight/space issue was always a factor. It was tempting to go full nutter on the hp thing but it's pretty pointless if you can't get it on the transom without a crane.

Same with the Honwave really. The T38 is the biggest airdeck currently available and a T40 would have personally added extra faff with the alu floor boards. I just want to fish inshore fairly comfortably and the T38+OB is literally enough for safely beating the tide.

...Oh and we launch from Seaford, Pevensey Bay and sometimes Eastbourne.
Old 31 July 2018, 15:33   #4

Yep unless you are strong and patient a T40 is not an ideal daily inflate. I assume you carry in the car and set up each outing? Are these beach launches on transom wheels in that Eastbourne-Newhaven area?
Old 31 July 2018, 16:48   #5

They are beach launches yeah. I like the fact that one beach East may be too windy to launch and travel 5 miles West and it's calm and sometimes vicky verky.

If I'm lucky, I may be able to see the MD of Honda Marine come past on his yacht paid for by the proceeds of genuine Honda launching wheels!
Old 31 July 2018, 19:49   #6

Yes indeed his floating bar bill probably needs a set of OE transom wheels to sell somewhere every hour.

Tags
sib