Old 02 January 2012, 02:42   #1
Dhf

Length: no boat
Ahoy!! Happy new year!! to ye all

Hi and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MEMBERS
I'm a total newby here, but not a newby to the beauty and caution of the sea.
Which is the very reason why i bought a RIB. so its a great pleasure to join
I'v owned my rib for nearly two years now and love it, i'v owned and skippered varios other craft but can't fault the ability of a rib, as an ex pleasure boat skipper in pembrokeshire i knew i needed something beefy to battle the bubbling waters we get round here, so i find the 150hp evinrude ficht plenty of power for my 7m blue water marine BWM, I would love to hear from any members who are interested in pleasure cruising pembrokeshire dolphin spotting, diving, a bit of fishing etc, maybe we could get a floatilla going to one of the local islands Skomer,Skokholm, Grassholm. or maybe the smalls where the seals are extra friendly, as i say its a pleasure to become a ribnet member and I look forward to hearing from fellow members,
HAPPY NEW YEAR AGAIN!!!!!!
Cheers Paul.
Old 02 January 2012, 11:29   #2

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Happy new year to you too and welcome to Ribnet.
Old 02 January 2012, 11:48   #3

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Hi happy New Year and welcome to RIBnet Paul. If you are interested take a look at Round Anglesey RIBnet rally in the Upcoming Cruise section.
Old 03 January 2012, 00:40   #4
Dhf

Many thanks from Wales

Cheers for the welcome JW and Kerny, i've just checked the Anglesey rally and yea! it sounds great fun, i'll have to put my name down for that one, just hope I can find a crew member for the event as i need a hand with launching due to my disability i'm partially paralyzed down my right hand side, from broken neck 20 year ago which is why im retired today, however this has just made the challenge more interesting and i never ran far anyway,lol, i use a stepladder for boarding and once i'm sitting comfortably on the jocky seat i'm ready for action, i'm looking forward to getting out more this year as this is the best physiotherapy for me, i only made it out a dozen times last year clocking up over 250nm but i hope to double that this year, so the RIBnet Anglesey rally sounds great, Thanks again for the welcome.
Paul.
Old 04 January 2012, 18:56   #5

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Paul, hats off to you mate, that's a great achievement 250nm, I'm sure if you put your name down and stating that you need a crew member someone will come along. There will be plenty of us around if you need a helping hand.

Steve.
Old 05 January 2012, 01:57   #6
Dhf

Many thanks

Thanks Steve, The offer of help is very much appreciated, hopefuly one of my crew mates will be able to make it that day, but its really nice to think someone i've never met would be willing to help, i'm well chuffed i joined RIBnet, i was disapointed with the 250nm last year to be honest, it would have been more if one of my mates had'nt of shouted out " are we gona try a bit of fishing now", after travelling 10 to 15nm from launch site. where the best reefs are, by the time you add distance back times 12 trips it soon adds up, best trip was 2nd july flat calm, family wildlife trip round three local islands including Grassholm 20nm from base, covered 60nm that evening in 3hours with 20min stop at each island, the kids were well chuffed seeing all the birds and delighted at the sight of 12 plus dolphins on our way back from Grassholm, thats the best thing with ribs we can travel large distances in calm conditions, and you never see somebody driving a rib without a happy look on there face, unless there a Somalian pirate being pulled by the UN coastguard.
cheers Steve.
Old 07 January 2012, 00:14   #7

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Welcome to RIBnet, Paul & (belated) Happy New Year to you too.

I'm regularly out around Pembs and usually with one or more other RIBs - would look forward to you joining up with us for a spin to the islands.

Where do you launch from?
Old 07 January 2012, 01:12   #8
Dhf

Yea! Cheers Dia that sounds great, I very much look forward to joining you lads on a couple of round trips, I find Gelliswick good for launch as long as theres 2m of tide then the misses can throw me of the rollers without putting the jeeps chassis in the tide, allthough we could do with better slipways round here considering how busy it gets in the summer, so yea! can't wait to hear when your out next, Thanks again Paul.

« Hi! | Top | New member »