Town: WARSAW
Boat name: T1
Make: HIGHFIELD OM540DL
Length: 5m +
Engine: EVINRUDE 115 HO
MMSI: 261026640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
If we leave the EU ,,, and if it goes back to the pre EE days, yes, you will need a green card for car & trailer - this is not connected with the new requirement of having a reg plate for commercial trailers. You may also need an international driving permit

It depends ... When I started drive car to Greece Serba and Macedonia were not in EU (they are not still).

In Serbia you don't need Green Card, In Macedonia it is require and checked on the border.

Now I use ferry to Greece (from Itally: trieste,Venice) so not cross any non EU country border.

Jeff - you mentioned about white/red board plate (require in Itally). But I was sure that if your car and trailer fulfil all rules from origin country it is enough ?? Never had one. A few German folks with trailer teached me each time that bar with lights have to be before prop - but I ignored them. I do have reflected orange trinagle on my prop

Old 06 February 2020, 13:43   #22

Town: Chesterfield
Boat name: Sea Quell
Make: Picton Cobra
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 4 Stroke
MMSI: 235038298
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatFromPoland View Post
It depends ... When I started drive car to Greece Serba and Macedonia were not in EU (they are not still).

In Serbia you don't need Green Card, In Macedonia it is require and checked on the border.

Now I use ferry to Greece (from Itally: trieste,Venice) so not cross any non EU country border.

Jeff - you mentioned about white/red board plate (require in Italy). But I was sure that if your car and trailer fulfil all rules from origin country it is enough ?? Never had one. A few German folks with trailer teached me each time that bar with lights have to be before prop - but I ignored them. I do have reflected orange trinagle on my prop

Hi Mat ,,,,, technically in Italy you should have a rear marker attached to any overhang (&Spain) but it is only an issue if the local Polizia decide they want to make some €'s.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/overse...-requirements/

I think everywhere in Europe, the lighting board should be rear of the prop. ( mine are fixed and 'almost' :-) ) & I am not sure if then then precludes the need for the marker ? I fix mine to the prop ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Warning-mot...HXTEXQHRVJD6X8
Old 02 July 2020, 06:14   #23

Town: Villars
Boat name: Tally-Ho
Make: Scorpion
Length: 9m +
Engine: Merc Optimax 300xs
Have you considered Lake Geneva or any of the other Swiss lakes? I am heading down there in the next 2 weeks with Rib in tow.

ps. when you take you trailer your rib over do you use the euro tunnel or ferry? if tunnel do you go freight or standard. thanks
Old 02 July 2020, 08:14   #24

Town: Aylesbury
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
Have you considered Lake Geneva or any of the other Swiss lakes? I am heading down there in the next 2 weeks with Rib in tow.

ps. when you take you trailer your rib over do you use the euro tunnel or ferry? if tunnel do you go freight or standard. thanks

Hi Steve

I use the tunnel, and a standard ticket with trailer, you end up with the coaches, but its fine.
I have looked at the Swiss lakes, and maybe staying on the French side of Geneva, just haven't found an AirB&B suitable yet.
My Annecy trip this year didn't happen due to Covid, so we have moved it to June next year.

Adam
Old 13 July 2020, 13:06   #25

i went with the tunnel as you suggested. it was very tight. Apparently the biggest boat to have gone on the Eurotunnel train. Not something that i was aiming for as this was the first time if have towed but needs must.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d94f222d-fedc-451e-971c-b7835d29e812.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	134170  
Old 13 July 2020, 13:09   #26

Adam,
where do you launch at Annecy and keep your car and trailer while on the lake. thanks
Old 13 July 2020, 13:28   #27

Hi Steve

Sevrier slipway, its a public slip, and the car and trailer stayed at the house.
there are another 2 at least, one at each end of the lake, although I haven't seen these, i understand the one at the south end is on or by a camp site, the other is maybe part of a sailing club.

I hope this helps.

I would say that my boat is slightly wider that yours, but not as tall, and its is tight down driving the carriages..

Good luck, and send us some pictures..

Adam
Old 13 July 2020, 13:40   #28

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
For me the UK and Irland is a premier Boating area....with a lifetime of great locations to experience ...if as PD says you DO go Salty!

Very little can compare to the South Coast...Chanell Islands....Pembrokeshire....Scillie Isles...Anglesea ...West Coast of Scotland....ect ect ect ....just need a bit of weather!
We just returned from the Magis sub tropical Scillie Isles (they do sell Coconuts grown on the Island!) a Magic place.... Which...Compared with the locations you're talking about is on you're doorstep

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2020, 19:53   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
For me the UK and Irland is a premier Boating area....with a lifetime of great locations to experience ...if as PD says you DO go Salty!

Very little can compare to the South Coast...Chanell Islands....Pembrokeshire....Scillie Isles...Anglesea ...West Coast of Scotland....ect ect ect ....just need a bit of weather!
We just returned from the Magis sub tropical Scillie Isles (they do sell Coconuts grown on the Island!) a Magic place.... Which...Compared with the locations you're talking about is on you're doorstep
Maximus
Just reading through the search, it looks like you have done a few trips to scilly, it’s got me thinking of going this year, any tips?
Can do this via pm if you want?

Adam
Old 17 July 2020, 20:09   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwalton View Post
Maximus
Just reading through the search, it looks like you have done a few trips to scilly, it’s got me thinking of going this year, any tips?
Can do this via pm if you want?

Adam
Hi Adam..The weather is the main constraint naturally....but the Islands are well worth any effort to get there Penzance is our favoured drop off point easy practically all states launching £10 fees!..and a good harbourmaster who is most helpful...although on our recent trip we left from Falmouth...which means rounding the Lizard...which does "interesting" on occasion especially wind over tide!

Accommodation is...or can be expensive,so we usually camp on Bryher which has a pub (Fraggle Rock) although food can be intermittent deepening-on how the management feel when they wake up in the morning...although the licensing hours are pretty "flexable" when there's a few in

I do know of a decent and reasonable B&B on St Martins (Mermaid Pub) we've used and you can do a deal for a few nights...pm for details if you wish... Plenty of other reasonable eateries and good Pubs to choose from....for all tastes and price brackets.
For me The Islands are best visited on neaps (although it's no essential) as the tidal range is huge...and a Tender is a MUST.. although we've hired one from the Boat yard on Bhryer a couple of time....decent shops on St Martins and Tresco..fishing can be outstanding with just feathers.
I once caught Mackrell..Gurnard...and squid on one full house drop!
It's Sub -tropical and the warmest and Sunniest place in The UK...you can even buy Cocanuts grown on the Island!....Some Lovely white Sand beaches and the Flora is a real treat ..you can also order fresh Lobster and Crab (cooked or raw) from many of the fishermen direct
"Gough" although a tiny Island and separated from St Agnes (Turks Head Pub) by a causeway is a wonder with literally Thousands of Buttrfies in Summer that wow me every time!...
A weekend won't be long enough though
As said if you want a detailed chat just pm me

Old 18 July 2020, 08:22   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
i went with the tunnel as you suggested. it was very tight. Apparently the biggest boat to have gone on the Eurotunnel train. Not something that i was aiming for as this was the first time if have towed but needs must.
Does look tight...but as you say,needs must...nice colour scheme too!

Old 21 July 2020, 03:55   #32

Town: London
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwalton View Post
Hi all

Where can I go next year for a boating holiday, have done lake Como and lake Annercy, both are stunning, Annercy being my favourite.

But where to next?
I will be trailering my boat to where ever we go, so will need a slipway, and would like to keep the boat on the water during the stay..

Thanks in advance

Adam
My website Boatlaunch may be of interest to you. It is essentially a map with slipways plotted out. There are many options on the French south coast and and Italian West coast. All of the points are uploaded by the boating community.

Regards,

Conor