Time for some reflection, summary:
There are many ways to spend vacation in Greece.
From RIB perspective you have 2 choices:
1. Go to well know and popular resorts like Kefalonia, Lefkada, Korfu, North part of Crete and rent a RIB. There are some services near Athens like Our Boats - Rent a rib
2. Tow your own RIB.
I think that for UK folks it is much easier to go by airplane to Greece and rent a boat
For me 1100 km from Warsaw to Triest by very good roads is not a problem
I can start at 9 AM and be at 1 AM in Trieste. Park on ferry at 3 AM, go to cabin, shower, go to bed.
Ad 1 Profits
- trip consumes only one day (go to airport plus be 2 hrs before departure, 3 hrs of fly, 2 hrs from airoport ...).
- you have ready to use boat on the water
Ad 2 Profits
- not many boats - I can say almost not any boat at all, more wild areas
- your own RIB - if you have it - it means you trust it and like to use it, test it
Generally if you can spend more than 3 weeks in Greece - option no 2 can be use.
For 2 weeks max (in total including trip) I do not recommend this option
All 4 laces are really nice for RIB trips
- Argolid Gulf (I think that Nafplio is good place to keep boat)
- Laconian Gulf (Gythio)
- Crete (South part - Paleochora - empty port, crystal water)
- Below mentioned laguna near Koryntian Channel is fantastic place for keeping boat.
It is small enough to have not big waves, water is clear and warm and you can go via small channel to open Sea (Koryntian Gulf)
This place have one more advantage ...
I think you can rent a RIB near Athens and go via Corynth Channel to this place ( I think it be 70 - 90 km)
On the end I'm sorry I did not make all planned trips.
Without my wife I worried to make longer trips like 100 km one way
But on the end it was really greatest time in my life.
Nice people, good food, still crystal water.
Will have big problem next year: Again Greece or Croatia this time ...
Maybe some common RIB.net users trip or meet ?