- Area of operation around Helgoland in German Bight, between there and mainland Germany, and on Stollergrund off Kiel.
- Duties are either umpiring, on the water judging, or rescue. On occasion family cruising on river Elbe west of Hamburg.
- Speed to catch up with, say, Farr 40
- acceleration from low speed to get out of the way of planing yachts (or breaking waves) in heavy seas.
- Capability to tow some dinghies or even J24.
- Size requirements: seating for two crew, plus transporting one rigged dinghi from optimist size up to 505 cross the tubes behind helm. Breadth limitation 2.5m due to German street regulations.
- Range at least some 120nm or 8 to 10hrs at mixed speed profile minimum.
- NO clamps on the tubes
- Navigation lights req'd.
- Trailer required.
The EcoXR24 is a new rib developed from an Osprey design with a very good reputation, which meets that spec. It's 7.2m, so with limited seating it would have space for a dinghy on board. The hard bow makes it very seaworthy. We are currently looking for launch customers and dealers on the continent. The low value of the pound makes it very attractive for European customers to buy from the UK at the moment.