Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08 July 2008, 02:17   #1
Country: UK - England
Town: Aylesbury/Lymington
Boat name: Farfetched
Make: Solent
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150hp Optimax
MMSI: 235021048
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 860
CEVNI? France Inland Waterways

Can anyone tell me for sure if I need a CEVNI? I have PB2 and the International thinggy, but may be taking my 6.5M on the French inland waterways, or possibly my 3.2M, this summer. We will be in the area of La Rochelle.

That is if the Atlantic rollers prove too daunting......



brucehawsker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2008, 06:34   #2
Doug Stormforce's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Yoda & Obi Wan
Make: Valiant 750 & XS600
Length: 7m +
Engine: 150, 115 HP
MMSI: Various
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,031

You will need the inland cevni endorsement to your existing ICC if you enter inland (non tidal) waters. Its a 14 question multiple choice test, takes 10 minutes, pass mark is 11 out of 14. You can take the test at most centre and will need to learn the contents of the CEVNI book in advance.

web -
email -
tel - 02380 231122
Doug Stormforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2008, 12:11   #3
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Make: Humber Ocean Extreme
Length: 8m
Engine: Optimax 225
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 313
launch at Les Sables D'Olonne follow the swell to La Rochelle; just don't look back if there is a big one running!
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.