Old 23 September 2007, 15:07   #1

Town: worthing
Make: ribtec
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2x 40hp mariners
Boat launching Costa Brava

Hi, looking to trailer my rib down to Northern Spain next summer, for the annual holiday, would ideally like a site with a mobile home, and launching facilities, has anyone experience of this , and have any advice or better still suggested locations .
Regards Paul.
Old 23 September 2007, 16:53   #2

Town: Valencia
Length: no boat
hola, I can´t comment on Costa Brava but if you venture a bit futher south to Northern Costa Blanca you will get a very warm welcome.

We go boating on Denia Javea peninsular & there´s loads of quiet coves to explore, long sandy beaches in the other direction.

No mobile home parks but a large choice of holiday rental accomodation from beach apartments to private villas with pools.

Petrol is 1e per litre, a very good set lunch with wine 10e per head, free slipway & summer from May to September.

Hope it helps,
Old 24 September 2007, 07:45   #3

Town: Oakham
Boat name: Blue Wave
Make: XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 115
We keep our boat in the bay of Rosas which is just south of the Pyrenees.
There are several camp and caravan sites and numerous villas for rent in the area. The cursing ground is interesting going north out of the bay round Cabro Creus and up to the French border with lots of little coves for swimming, diving or fishing.

There are several harbours in the area including residential Marinas where the villas have their own water frontage. Generally the slips and cranes are owned by the boatyards so there will be a charge for launching and recovery that need to be pre booked.

I have never looked into renting a mooring for short or long term but there is a marina in Rosas that has a website. Also try Santa Margarida and Empuriabrava. I think the web has quite a bit on this. The bay is also popular for wind and kite surfers due to good sea breezes in the summer.

There are harbours to the south of the bay but it seems most people want to go north to Cabro Creus (Cap de Creus). Oh yes Catalan is widely spoken hence different spellings for things which might be a bit confusing if searching on the web.

There was another thread about this sort of thing a few months back and also one about mooring costs that I posted a reply to that might help.

If you want any further info let me know. I’ve got some photos but wont bore you with them now. I’ve got no axe to grind and am not selling anything. Our boat is now all layed up ashore and due to work commitments we have no current plans to go down there again this year.

Do keep us all posted as to how you get on
Old 24 September 2007, 21:14   #4

Town: worthing
Make: ribtec
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2x 40hp mariners
Hi guys, thanks for your response, which gives me food for thought, and some pointers for further research.

Regards Paul