Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 07 November 2018, 12:55   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,725
Zodiac Sib'S

Zodiac bought these out I was told today prices come out later in the month




https://www.aka-marine.com/
__________________

__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 November 2018, 09:47   #2
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,230
*Z Nautic Group

Which owns the brands Bombard, Zodiac, Avon, AKA-Marine.

They're commercial platforms of existing models. The majority of it is tube improvements. Heavier materials, overpressure valves, anti-wear patches, etc.
__________________

__________________
Richard
Gluing geek since 2007
Opinions and intepretations expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 November 2018, 12:44   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,725
Richard do you know anything about the new Mercury quicksilver boats coming out with speed tubes we are just hearing snippets over here.
__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 November 2018, 06:31   #4
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
Richard do you know anything about the new Mercury quicksilver boats coming out with speed tubes we are just hearing snippets over here.
They had a model that was a very poor knockoff of the Futura Combat and it never sold well. I've never seen one in person.

About 95% of Mercury inflatables product comes from Bay-Lodestar in Dalian, China. The remaining 5% is the M-series, which are made in the USA at a small subcontractor.
__________________
Richard
Gluing geek since 2007
Opinions and intepretations expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 November 2018, 08:18   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by office888 View Post
They had a model that was a very poor knockoff of the Futura Combat and it never sold well. I've never seen one in person.

About 95% of Mercury inflatables product comes from Bay-Lodestar in Dalian, China. The remaining 5% is the M-series, which are made in the USA at a small subcontractor.
thanks that explains it the price reduction is almost £1000 and glued PVC not welded i'm told.

cheers jeff
__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 07:27   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,725
got some prices on these today from central marine services their more or less a futura.

3.7 air deck £4650.00
3.8 ali deck £3500.00
PVC black, red, grey
__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 07:48   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,725
a few pics notice on the air floor the tensioning system each side could be retro fitted to any air floor i would think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181130_104239.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	127822   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181130_104317.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	127823   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181130_104406.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	127824   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181130_104421.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	127825   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181130_110827.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	127826  

__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 05:29   #8
Member
 
Gazzago's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lancaster
Boat name: TRANS TEMPUS
Make: Zodiac Futura Mk2c
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 25hp
MMSI: 235912526
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 127
That air floor tensioning system is standard on Zodiacs with an air floor. My Futura has it.
__________________
My youtube videos. Have a look >>>https://goo.gl/ZviQkS
Gazzago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 12:51   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 120
The AKA C series inflatable boats appear to be identical in dimensions to the Bombard Commando series, C3, C4 and C5. The AKA boats even have the same rigid keel. But, are they Hypalon or PVC boats?
__________________
SixtyNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 13:58   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyNorth View Post
The AKA C series inflatable boats appear to be identical in dimensions to the Bombard Commando series, C3, C4 and C5. The AKA boats even have the same rigid keel. But, are they Hypalon or PVC boats?
Only states welded PVC
__________________

__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sib, zodiac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.