Old 22 September 2013, 13:48   #1

Town: hyde
Boat name: patriot
Make: zodiac
Length: 3m +
zodiac seats

here we go again gang ,picking your brains again ,,whats the best form of seating except centre console for the futura ? who has what & what works out best for you ? ,dont laugh but i thought of getting a few mini (car ) size tyre tubes & inflate a couple ,that would make a comfy seat cheers ,incomeing
Old 22 September 2013, 13:54   #2

Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
What floor has it got ?

The fastroller airfloor is really comfy withoutseats
Old 22 September 2013, 17:40   #3

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
A couple of years back, I was browsing the shelves in the local chandlery and saw some lovely boat seat cushions for around 40 squid. When I picked them up and examined them.. they reminded me of the foam that kneeling pads for the garden are made of ..so that is what I adopted as my seat cushion.

Two kneeling pads... one on top of the other ... for one squid each out of Pound Stretcher

They have now finished their third season and they are still going strong, taped to the rear bench in The Gurnard. They don’t absorb water or rot although the colour has faded slightly. I just need to find a way to paint them black :-D

I took the Gurnard into dry docks this weekend as I wanted to remove the floor. I had not seen under it since I bought it second hand. When I removed the floor ..I found a sand dune underneath it.
Im busy painting the boards up and fitting anchor points to them so I can make a better job of securing consoles etc. I will try to make my cushions look a little better while she is out the water too. However if you find a better solution..Im willing to try that too

Old 22 September 2013, 19:13   #4

all looks good to me gurny ,,the floor is sectional ally sheet llp ,, basically i need to buy the glue on seat holders then get a seat or 2 do i ? love the look of your outfit gurny its a cracker
Old 22 September 2013, 20:00   #5

Zodiac also do a frame type bench seat for the hard deck Futura's, a lot more expensive than a couple of pads and a wooden thwart but they do occasionally appear used on Ebay.

Here is a new one : zodiac Bench seat Complete kit with aluminium legs z1265 Classic*Futura Seat | eBay
Old 22 September 2013, 20:08   #6

Zodiac also do a frame type bench seat for the hard deck Futura's, a lot more expensive than a couple of pads and a wooden thwart but they do occasionally appear used on Ebay.

Here is a new one : zodiac Bench seat Complete kit with aluminium legs z1265 Classic*Futura Seat | eBay
Old 22 September 2013, 20:15   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlockedpirate View Post

bit above my price lol i was gutted when i missed out on your boat acctually it looked a great buy ,i paid £500 for mine with a new set of ss launching wheels but 1 speed tube goes down after about 3 days im not sure if it was a good deal or not ,everything else is great ?
Old 22 September 2013, 20:19   #8

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by petethebass View Post
basically i need to buy the glue on seat holders then get a seat or 2 do i ?

Not necessary if you are on a tight budget Pete.. I just sling a plank across the tubes of my seago and away Igo.

Im sure you could find a plank to bridge the tubes in the futura ?

Or how about one of those folding camp chair things.. with the backrest and side arms..just fix it to the floor

Old 22 September 2013, 20:25   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by petethebass View Post
bit above my price lol i was gutted when i missed out on your boat acctually it looked a great buy ,i paid £500 for mine with a new set of ss launching wheels but 1 speed tube goes down after about 3 days im not sure if it was a good deal or not ,everything else is great ?
I dont think you have done bad, sorted Futura's are over £1500, a tube going down over 3 days isnt a problem.

My new boat has just fallen through, so I'm back on the look out.
Old 22 September 2013, 20:47   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlockedpirate View Post
I dont think you have done bad, sorted Futura's are over £1500, a tube going down over 3 days isnt a problem.

My new boat has just fallen through, so I'm back on the look out.
thanks llp i worried if i had been shafted would a 15hp be enough for coastal mooching about basically its a bass only boat creeping about in known fishing areas i was hopeing to get a 9.9 /15 yamaha ,light enough to carry down the beach but enough poke to get out
Old 22 September 2013, 20:50   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
Not necessary if you are on a tight budget Pete.. I just sling a plank across the tubes of my seago and away Igo.

Im sure you could find a plank to bridge the tubes in the futura ?

Or how about one of those folding camp chair things.. with the backrest and side arms..just fix it to the floor

yes i thought about them with some pipe lagging cable tied to the feet then they wouldnt move about as much ,, lol them marine gangsters will struggle with me , make ends meet etc