Old 12 August 2013, 19:11   #1

Town: Stonehaven
Boat name: Sunday Best
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yammy 90
Zodiac S126

my pal is selling this - what would it be worth? I am tempted with it - would probably leave it in the loft until i could find a cheap old spares/repair engine to do up.

Also - its rated to 4HP, what could i really put on it?

i've had a look on google and cant see much about them!

Would be my first SIB, quite excited at the prospect.

Cheers

Si
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	970331_10201694940165868_1245273234_n.jpg
Views:	2090
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	84128  
I always apply maNthematics to my purchases - tell her it cost a chunk less than it did, then tell her I got a chunk more than I really did for the one I sold... The new purchase seldom costs a penny...
SimonCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2013, 19:50   #2

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
It's a lovely looking sib, not sure how much it is worth but somebody else will be along to tell you that,

but if it is reasonable get it
Old 12 August 2013, 23:47   #3

Town: Adelaide
Length: no boat
We don't get these (S126) in Australia. It's a budget Zodiac tender and at the cheaper end of the Zodiac scale. This craft would still come with a 5 year warranty, so check the serial number on the transom. The last 2 numbers of the Ser No. will be the year of maufacturer. ie. 08 = 2008. Looks like about a 2.4M length. Our equivalent here Zodiac wise are the Zodiac Zoom seried craft. New they would go for around the equivalent 475 GBP. 3-5 years old around 300GBP, and over 5 years old 100-200GBP. Again you would have to check the UK market.
S4Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2013, 02:25   #4

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
What size is that eyecatching sib, looks like a 340-350 mt, has same look as a Zoom.

Happy Boating
Old 13 August 2013, 04:11   #5

Town: Stonehaven
Boat name: Sunday Best
Make: Tornado
Engine: Yammy 90
Thanks guys! It's 2.8m! So a bit smaller than it looks, but I still think it looks great! But really keen to see what would be a good price!

The year of manufacture seems to be 1988. I think it has been sat in a garage since the day it was made!
I always apply maNthematics to my purchases - tell her it cost a chunk less than it did, then tell her I got a chunk more than I really did for the one I sold... The new purchase seldom costs a penny...
SimonCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 November 2013, 00:50   #6

Town: Winnipeg
Boat name: 310S & S 126 Zodiacs
Make: Zodiac
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.5 hp/9.5 hp and 20
I just bought the exact same tender/Zodiac and mine has Serie1 on the front /bow. The owner was asking $200 and I went to see it one evening and wanted to get more information on it off the internet and told him I'd let him know and would return. Very little information is available. Your picture is one of only three pictures I have come across on the net. Anyways.. I returned the following day to give him the $20 and and he said it deflated overnight and I offered him $60 and he accepted. There were two holes that were noticeable/ I could hear leaking. I went to a local Zodiac dealership and purchased PVC glue and patch kit and baffles pump. Repairs completed and I inflated the tender after 48 hours of curing time. The next day most air was out of the chambers?! I then mixed up a spray bottle of dish washing soap and water and sprayed on chambers and found numerous pin hole leaks in many places.The PVC has obviously had creases and folding points and related storage bumps and scratches and many pin holes were evident. Today I went and purchased a 500 ml. container of the internal latex sealant that I understand should either stop or considerably lesson the leaking coming from the porous and aged PVC. Check seams and transom points for loose material as well and floor to chamber "V' area.
Old 02 November 2013, 12:42   #7

Town: Winnipeg
Boat name: 310S & S 126 Zodiacs
Make: Zodiac
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.5 hp/9.5 hp and 20
Just added tube sealant last eve with my sons help and the 10-20 minute pin holes are sealed. Three were evident long after. But kept swishing and rolling the S126 around in that area, tested with soapy water solution if leaks.. and its fully sealed! Accolades to the Mfg. of this stuff,as my PVC would have looked like a black leopard and patch spots. It's been about 9 hours and just went into the other room and the boats tubes are still solid