Old 22 April 2013, 06:36   #1
Town: Inverkip
Boat name: Crusader
Make: Redbay 8.4 Exped
Length: 8m +
Engine: yamaha sterndrive
Zodiac futura repairs

I've got a 1990 odd zodiac futura gt.

It's got leaky valves and the speed tubes and keel all deflate quickly.

What glue do I need for these jobs and is there anything I can do with the valves

Redbay Boats
craig_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2013, 11:06   #2
Boat name: Uh...a kayak?
Length: 4m +
That boat is probably well past its lifetime, assuming it is PVC. How is the glue holding up? Have you used a soapy water solution to check for leaks yet? JKY's suggestion of a garden sprayer is a good one for quantity of liquid. The valves all will leak a little with the caps off. The caps are what seal them. Are the cap o-rings/seals leaking? Are the o-rings from the boat to the outside valve leaking for the speed tubes and the keel? The valves all unscrew and no glue is needed for replacement.

The glue needed is a two part glue. Stabond is one brand and Clifton is another. Any patch material will need to be the same as the boat. IE: Hypalon, or PVC.

FWIW I have the same boat but a 1993 and it has needed everything reglued. More work than most people would be willing to undertake. My point is stop and think before putting any time or money into the boat. That doesn't mean it can't be fixed, just make sure it is the right thing for "you" to do.
Peter_C is offline   Reply With Quote