Old 23 June 2014, 19:35   #1

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
zodiac futura advice please

hi im currently at loch ken in Scotland on my second day I inflated my future fr 3.8 as per the instructions yesterday but didn't spend much time on the water as I had other jobs to do . today I went out on it and on what id call relatively flat water with a bit of a side wind when I pop it up on the plane it starts porpoising quite badly the front rearing up higher and higher every bounce and im having to back of and drop off the plane. the outboard is a Yamaha 25 trimmed right down on the last hole .I inflated it with a bravo 12 electric pump could the readings on the digital gauge be out ,is it safe to go slightly higher in pressure .does this sound like a pressure problem.thanks
Old 23 June 2014, 20:31   #2

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Move your fuel tank and any other weight forward. Add weight to the front if needed.

I doubt pressure would cause that kind of issue. My first instinct would be engine trim, and that means getting the outboard prop tucked up under the back of the boat as far as possible. Trimmed down or trimmed in depending on lingo. Second would be to move weight forward, and third is to slow down.

As to pressure you should be able to thump the boat and your hand should bounce back. It should have little deflection in the material.
Old 23 June 2014, 20:52   #3

Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
Dont think its the pressure either, my Futura could be seriously scary with a 25 Yam and 1 up, but it used to sponson walk rather than porpoise.

Sorry, cant be a lot more help, apart from agreeing with everything Peter C said.
Old 24 June 2014, 07:11   #4

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
cheers guys ill try and get some weight over the bow motors already down as far as it will go .never mind suns out again