Old 16 January 2012, 23:37   #11
Town: oregon
Make: zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: M40C
Originally Posted by kelson View Post
I have a Nissan 40 d three cylinder on my on my futura. I run with a four bladed adjustable composite prop from Pro pulse. It is 10 3/8" and I have it set at a pitch of 16 for water starts. I adjust it to less pitch for normal cruising. Hard to say what exactly you will find the best, it depends on the outboard and the load you are carrying. Ideally, you would run up to WOT and check your rpm. Your rpm at WOT should be in the range specified by the manufacturer of the ouboard for proper performance. I increase my pitch to get a good hole shot but my top speed suffers a bit.
How long have you used the pro pulse? How do you like it?

sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2012, 10:06   #12
Town: San Diego
Make: zodiac futura mk2
Length: 4m +
Engine: Nissan 40 plus
I have had the pro pulse prop for years (I'm guessing 4 maybe 5). The best part was that it made it easy to change pitch and find the right pitch for my set up. I did not have access to enough fixed pitch props to swap them in and out and find my ideal pitch. The OEM prop that came with the outboard was not right for use with my inflatable. I do think the four bladed prop gives me a better hole shot. The plastic blades do break off if you hit something hard which protects your lower unit components. That is also the big down side. If I'm running in areas that have shallow depths and obstructions I'll pop my old three blade metal prop on as it will withstand more abuse (a good idea in estuaries in Mexico). I also have to be careful drifting while fishing in narrow rock slots at places like lake powell. Bumping into the sides while the motor is off could still damage the plastic prop blades. I carry a few extra blades and they aren't hard to change out. The prop will run at lower speeds with just two blades (ya live, you learn and once was enough). All said I like the product for my normal bay and ocean runs, really prefer it for towing wakeboarders and hydrofoilers, appreciated that the pitch could be adjusted as my boat set up and load changed, but it might not be the best choice if you are going to be scrubbing the bottom under power. I have had no problem beaching, but I haven't forgot to tilt up my outboard yet

kelson is offline   Reply With Quote