Old 23 June 2010, 14:55   #11

Town: Anchorage
Make: Zodiac MKIII GR
Length: 4m +
Engine: Johnson 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1500 View Post
I am currently having exactly the same problem with my gr3. i was almost about to trim some off the bow board. also i've only just this evening put it back on the trailer, do any of you think this task is possible on the trailer or does in need to come off again. thanks all.

P.S mine has a console in the middle attatched to the front two aluminium floorboards. does it matter if i have to therefore jump on the 'V' on the rear two boards to get them to pop together?
I think it depends on what kind of trailer you have. if you just have a flat deck snowmachine or atv type trailer then I wouldnt worry about taking it back off, but if you only have bunks that support just the tubes then I think I will pull the boat off to put the floor in.

I would NOT trim anything off of the trust board. As mentioned in my previous post, these Aluminum Zodiac floors seem to fit REALLY tight, so what you are experiencing is likely normal. Difficult and frustrating, but normal....

Old 23 June 2010, 15:08   #12

Town: Anchorage
Make: Zodiac MKIII GR
Engine: Johnson 25
Thornbackflound, the "rod holders" are just one of those cheap 3-in-1 plastic jobs for transport only. just something to keep the rods up and out of the way as we motor along. I have a couple of real rod holders for trolling but havent figured out were to mount them yet... I use a little bungee cord across the front of them to keep them from bouncing out of the rod holder.

You can sort of see in the picture that the cheap plastic one is bolted to the top front of the rubber trash can and not actually attached to the boat in any way. The trash can is for fish storage as a pokey rock fish or halibut thrashing around in my little rubber boat would be a bad thing.... it also makes a convenient place to stach some preset terminal tackle. Also cuts down on the amount of slime and blood in the boat....

Jas1500, sorry that I forgot to answer about the floor board.... it does not matter if the "peak" in the boards are between 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 in my experience. in fact, I have often stood and jumped on one to get it to go down into place and have the other board pop up..... helps to have your wife in there with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6130058.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	52158   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6130057.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	52159  

Old 23 June 2010, 15:16   #13

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
Thornbackflound, the "rod holders" are just one of those cheap 3-in-1 plastic jobs for transport only. just something to keep the rods up and out of the way as we motor along. I have a couple of real rod holders for trolling but havent figured out were to mount them yet... I use a little bungee cord across the front of them to keep them from bouncing out of the rod holder.

You can sort of see in the picture that the cheap plastic one is bolted to the top front of the rubber trash can and not actually attached to the boat in any way. The trash can is for fish storage as a pokey rock fish or halibut thrashing around in my little rubber boat would be a bad thing.... it also makes a convenient place to stach some preset terminal tackle. Also cuts down on the amount of slime and blood in the boat....

Jas1500, sorry that I forgot to answer about the floor board.... it does not matter if the "peak" in the boards are between 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 in my experience. in fact, I have often stood and jumped on one to get it to go down into place and have the other board pop up..... helps to have your wife in there with you.
Arh good idea there,many thanks
Old 24 June 2010, 15:30   #14

Town: new quay
Boat name: fishery patrol
Make: zodiac
thanks alangaq, great advice. I did end up taking the boat back off the trailer and doing it on my front lawn. I did have to take my jockey seat console out (only 6 13mm nuts and washers) but after that it all seamed to work quite nicely. the boat is now re-inflated and back on the trailer all of which only took me about an hour to do!! thanks again for the much needed advice.

P.S anyone know where i can get hold of an original rubber bung? i don't know where to start looking!