Well, as some of you know, I managed to hole my SIB. It turns out that it got rubbed and eventually holed in the back of my 110 - damn that checkerplate!
Anyway, I discovered it on the slipway. I was taking a friend out to a moored boat and we HAD to go but my repair kit was at home...
A quick look around turned up a spent match and a seagull wing feather, the end of which helped seal the hole long enough for us to complete our mission
That done I've set about doing a pukka repair, sourcing the two part PVC glue from Ribshop on here and some MEK from my local liferaft repair outfit. This is the interesting part
- the liferaft guy was VERY wary of the MEK on a "cheap Chinese boat" like mine. He says that recent Zodiac advice is to avoid MEK and use tolulene instead and he gave me DIRE warnings about letting MEK near a seam. He has experienced MEK causing seam failure in other boats recently.
Just a heads up guys and gals!