Old 13 August 2011, 15:47   #21

Town: Pooler, Georgia
Boat name: not applicable
Make: Avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
I am a little late to the game as usual, but we mounted a portable Hummingbird for our grandson. The transducer is on a 3/4" x 1 1/2" board which may be clamped to a transom in the area of least turbulence.

We fashioned a battery box which uses (8) AA batteries from Radio Shack battery holder 270-407 or 270-387. Snap connectors either 270-325 or 270-324 are connected to the power cable from the depth finder. The battery set along with a spare set of batteries are in a plastic freezer box, and is portable. You would be surprised at the number of hours of use the AA cells give. The battery holder and snap connectors set us back a whooping $6 with tax.

We went with the AA's so we have no use for a charger and cannot forget to charge the batteries before a trip. Not to say we have ever forgot to do the charging before
Old 17 August 2011, 18:24   #22

Town: macclessfield
Boat name: Reach Out
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp Tohatsu EFI
I love the fixed ruler.....
Old 14 October 2011, 02:49   #23

Town: oregon
Boat name: .
Make: zodiac GR mkIII
Length: 4m +
Engine: johnson 40

cavitation plate looks kinda low, but the zodiac store says its fine by nice-diver, on Flickr

what I came up with, stays in the water even when up on a plane, manual says to mount it on the right side
Old 14 October 2011, 18:15   #24

Town: GTA
Boat name: Seabright
Make: Seabright
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP ETec Tiller
My Humminbird 3D worked beautifully on my old boat, without speed tubes. I could scan the bottom nicely while planing at 15 mph. On my Futura the speed tubes are exactly where the trailer bunks sit on yours. Can't get a decent bit of flat water anywhere behind the transom except at dead slow. I'll post pics soon.
Old 17 October 2011, 14:21   #25

Town: GTA
Boat name: Seabright
Make: Seabright
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP ETec Tiller
I've made a stern plate out of ABS so that I can mount my transducer without marring my transom, like my mast mount on the port side. I've been experimenting with transducer height as shown here, but I'm not pleased with the outcome. Can't get a position which allows me to scan on plane.

This is the setup I made for my old boat about 12 years ago. It has served me well.
The boat was rope start with no battery. The mount is made from ABS plumbing pipe like that shown on the right of the first pic.
There's ample room underneath to store excess cables and accessories, etc.