Old 29 August 2012, 03:12   #11

Town: york
Boat name: donut
Make: quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: 9.9hp yamaha OB
yeah, all the kit is being amassed as we speak. it still amazes me how much crap is now prudent to carry! for a 4 person boat theres only enough room for me!!

Old 10 September 2012, 14:28   #12

Town: Selby
Boat name: Aerotec 380
Make: Bombard
Engine: 15Hp Johnson
Hi,
I've had this problem with the east coast.
I've paid and launched from the slip in whitby and parked up near the slip, and like you said its expensive.
I've seen the slip at Sandsend and there's a car park next to it, but you'd need to be early to get a space.
About 10 years ago I went to Filey and managed to park on the front at the far end away from the official slip, inflated my boat on the grass and kitted up to walk down one of the other slips across the beach to launch, when I was stopped by a woman with a walkie talk and told I would need to go pay my launch fee and launch at the official slip. I walked the length of Filey beach with my boat to meet an old man in a wood shed who gave me a list as long as my arm and said "if you haven't got any of these you aren't launching". I didn't have a fire extinguisher, bucket, compass, so I couldn't launch. He told me if I went to Scarborough south bay I could launch there. What's the point of that!
I went to Scarborough kitted up and went all the way to Filey in my zodiac cadet 240 just to make a point. Once there I bombed about the bay waving to the old t...t looking with his binoculars.
If you find any good free slips round Yorkshire, please post!
PS. Cornwall is great for launching for free.

Old 29 January 2017, 17:50   #13

Town: whitby
Boat name: bark bt290
Make: bark
Length: under 3m
Engine: petrol
launching sib

Hi there mate, my parents have a caravan in whitby up near the abby so i travel there alot in summer with my son to go fishing, i used to just fish from the pier but as of recent, ive bought a 1.9 meter inflatable and i was looking for the best place to launch,

I know a couple of good spots you can use,.
fists one is strait off the beach at sands end theres a deadend street and a slip road strait onto the beach where the life guards opperate.
secondly in whitby town where the angling shop is next to the ENDEVOUR pub theres a slip road to the harbour there.
third place which i find the best is just a little further up that same strrt over the road from green street is another slip to the harbour water and its quiet and free parking all around it.

Hope this helps

Dazzi
Old 30 January 2017, 04:00   #14

Town: Selby
Boat name: Aerotec 380
Make: Bombard
Engine: 15Hp Johnson
Thanks for that.
Cheers