Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 27 November 2014, 03:34   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Uckfield
Boat name: Dos Anos
Make: Brig
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yamaha f6
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 23
Where abroad

We've just bought a Brig 3 metre inflatable with. Yamaha 6hp outboard and with a view to taking it with us on trips to Europe. Any suggestions for good places with rivers, lakes that would allow easy launching and access to interesting places to chug along would be very gratefully received. Currently looking at self-catering alongside Lake Como in Italy, but would welcome other thoughts.

Many thanks
__________________

__________________
Ridgewoodwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 04:08   #2
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewoodwoody View Post
We've just bought a Brig 3 metre inflatable with. Yamaha 6hp outboard and with a view to taking it with us on trips to Europe. Any suggestions for good places with rivers, lakes that would allow easy launching and access to interesting places to chug along would be very gratefully received. Currently looking at self-catering alongside Lake Como in Italy, but would welcome other thoughts.

Many thanks
Como is Stunning!
Have a look at Micks videos of Garda too...may just swing it for you
__________________

__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 04:50   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Having hung out around both, Como is my fave.

Bellagio on Como is beautiful.

There is the a added interest of-

Birthplace of Riva Boats
Buzzi test centre.
and Clooney's Gaff.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 13:46   #4
Member
 
cgf10's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Superfly
Make: Shearwater 860
Length: 8m +
Engine: Verado
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 360
Lake Annecy. Last time I went I think you could have a weeks mooring for about 30euros. Annecy town is cracking, camp sites around the lake.
__________________
cgf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 13:53   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Uckfield
Boat name: Dos Anos
Make: Brig
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yamaha f6
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Como is Stunning!
Have a look at Micks videos of Garda too...may just swing it for you
Great. Where can I find the videos?
__________________
Ridgewoodwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 14:09   #6
RIBnet supporter
 
mick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 90Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewoodwoody View Post
Great. Where can I find the videos?

http://youtu.be/ASyh8WstLwM
__________________
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 18:01   #7
Member
 
steco1958's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Bromwich
Boat name: Ellie V
Make: Excel Voyager 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 HP
MMSI: 235 908 287
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf10 View Post
Lake Annecy. Last time I went I think you could have a weeks mooring for about 30euros. Annecy town is cracking, camp sites around the lake.
What are the launching ramps like at Annecy? are they steep or shallow, I want to go there however would be launching my 5.20 m rib from the back of my motorhome.

Steve
__________________
steco1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 18:34   #8
Member
 
Country: Belgium
Town: Borsbeek/Antwerp
Make: Yamaha DS360 (2014)
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF15 outboard
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 30
Where abroad

Going to camping Lac bleu in Doussard (France) next year. At lake d'annecy About an hour from geneva (switzerland).

This year we stayed at camping Veluwe strandbad in Kortgene (the netherlands). It's at lake Veluwe.
Also was a Nice campingsite.
__________________
Baetske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 18:56   #9
Member
 
cgf10's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Superfly
Make: Shearwater 860
Length: 8m +
Engine: Verado
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 360
The slip at Sevrier (Annecy) was quite good, no charge for the slip (refreshing!) last time we were there and we took a 20ft hard boat with us. Not many other boats around in the summer and great skiing conditions.
__________________
cgf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 19:00   #10
Member
 
cgf10's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Superfly
Make: Shearwater 860
Length: 8m +
Engine: Verado
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baetske View Post
Going to camping Lac bleu in Doussard (France) next year. At lake d'annecy About an hour from geneva (switzerland).

This year we stayed at camping Veluwe strandbad in Kortgene (the netherlands). It's at lake Veluwe.
Also was a Nice campingsite.
The Veluwe is very nice, sort of the mountains of Holland but out of interest was the water clean or dirty ? I've water skied on the Iselmeer and it was quite horrible with what seemed to be fertiliser run off from farm land all around. I love Holland but was a bit shocked by this, perhaps it was a one off ? My ski driver said it happens a lot on the inland water areas and I should just close my mouth..
__________________

__________________
cgf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.