Old 29 November 2013, 15:11   #1

Town: Midlands - Wolverhampton
Make: BWM DS21
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude 150
Whats it worth?

Hi

I'm looking at getting a bigger rib soon 5-5.5m and hence I'm thinking of selling my smaller one. The only problem is I have no idea what it's worth so I wondered if anyone could help.

It's an Avon 340 rollaway with a 15hp honda 4 stroke engine. The boat is in excellent condition with the exception of just one small repair in the tube where the previous owner managed to put a fishing hook through it. All tubes stay inflated to pressure for 4 weeks which is as long as I've ever left it inflated.

The engine runs as sweet as a nut and always has, there's a few marks on the cover just from being put on and off the boat. Always flushed with fresh water after every use.

I'd sell it with everything I have, pump, oars, boat, engine, fuel tank, repair kit etc.

So can anyone give me an idea what it's worth?

Thanks
Rob
Old 30 November 2013, 07:02   #2

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Hi, I recon on £1600 to £1800 but you must have an idea as to how much you paid unless you paid over the top from say trade?
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2013, 08:12   #3

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
How old it is will give people a better idea of its value?
Old 30 November 2013, 09:28   #4

Town: Southampton
Boat name: 'Mojo'
Make: Searider
Length: 4m +
With many things nowadays, what it's 'worth' and what 'you'll take for it' can be two different amounts..!

Other factors include.

Do you need to get rid of it before you but your new boat, if you need a quick sale you may be inclined to take less.

How much does the buyer want your boat, he will pay more for a boat that is exactly what he wants.

Time of year you sell.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what it's worth, or what you want for it(as I'm new to this)but I find it's nice to have a clear figure in your mind before a potential buyer shows an interest.
Old 30 November 2013, 09:53   #5

Town: Midlands - Wolverhampton
Make: BWM DS21
Engine: Evinrude 150
Thanks for the replies so far, I'll blow it up and find out the age (would the age be on the plate on the transom?) and take some pics I think.

Based on what I paid I was guessing around £1200 but that was a total guess. I don't need to sell it to get a bigger boat so wouldn't let it go for silly money.

It's just that when I bought it, it was from a friend and I know nothing really about what else is out there and whether these are desirable/saleable or not.
Old 14 December 2013, 14:05   #6

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
There is a plate on the transom that starts off "GB-AV...." That is your hull identification number. The last two digits are the year the boat was made.

Stateside, a 340 hypalon rollaway boat would sell for about $500 - $1500 depending on the age of the inflatable.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote