Old 23 August 2011, 12:11   #11

Town: Marlow
Make: Bombard 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: 25hp Yamaha 2 stroke
I have one of these as well for my 380. We towed it about 1300 miles recently on our France holiday and had additional gear in the boat as well – 50kg tent, kids bikes, helmets, fuel tank, motor trolley and some other odds and sods. Trailer was brilliant and very stable. Previous owner had already relocated the cross bars onto the top of the man central beam.

Old 02 April 2012, 18:31   #12
Gaz

Town: Poole
Boat name: Spearfisher
Make: Bombard
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Hart View Post
I have used a De Graaff trailer for about 8 years now for my Quicksilver 340 SIB and can highly recommend it. Take a look at their website.

The photos are my SIB on the slipway next to my house and the trailer from the De Graaff website.

They are purpose built for inflatables and are easy to use and durable.

Keith Hart

Yep, that's the same as my trailer. However, the Bombard Aerotec has a deeper V-Hull than your boat, which means that it sits on the bottom of the trailer, rather than being fully supported along the tubes, as De Graff intended this trailer to work.

Old 02 April 2012, 18:34   #13
Gaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet-Jester View Post
I have one of these as well for my 380. We towed it about 1300 miles recently on our France holiday and had additional gear in the boat as well 50kg tent, kids bikes, helmets, fuel tank, motor trolley and some other odds and sods. Trailer was brilliant and very stable. Previous owner had already relocated the cross bars onto the top of the man central beam.

Hey, Scarlett Jester, I would love to see how those cross bars were relocated - have you got any pictures? It would be a huge help to me. Did you also have the engine on the transom whilst you were towing?

Old 02 April 2012, 18:43   #14
Gaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddy View Post
Thats , i think, the exact same DG trailer I got with my aerotec 380.

Here's a pic the previous owner took.

Difficult to see from your picture, Squiddy, because your picture is quite small, but it looks as though your cross bars have also been relocated to the top of the frame.

You can see the difference if you look at Keith Hart's photo, where the cross bars are still located under the trailer, as De-Graff designed (and sold) it.

Again, I'd be really grateful if you could post a close-up pic of how this has been done - because the way that I've attempted to do it has made the cross-bars quite unstable.

I'm gonna get this sorted one way or the other.

Old 03 April 2012, 06:24   #15

Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Engine: Twahtzoo 20hp
MMSI: 235906188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Difficult to see from your picture, Squiddy, because your picture is quite small, but it looks as though your cross bars have also been relocated to the top of the frame.

You can see the difference if you look at Keith Hart's photo, where the cross bars are still located under the trailer, as De-Graff designed (and sold) it.

Again, I'd be really grateful if you could post a close-up pic of how this has been done - because the way that I've attempted to do it has made the cross-bars quite unstable.

I'm gonna get this sorted one way or the other.

Alright Gaz??

No problem - Here is a pic I happen to have to hand. If this is no good - will take closeups but it could take a little time. Trailer is dismantled and stored and we are off on holiday end of this week.

This is how I received the trailer from the previous owner - so no idea if DG relocated the bars themselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailor.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	66759  
Old 03 April 2012, 06:43   #16
Gaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddy View Post
Alright Gaz??

No problem - Here is a pic I happen to have to hand. If this is no good - will take closeups but it could take a little time. Trailer is dismantled and stored and we are off on holiday end of this week.

This is how I received the trailer from the previous owner - so no idea if DG relocated the bars themselves.

No probs mate,

Don't go re-assembling the trailer on my behalf - but if you do ever put it back together again would love to see a close-up of how it's done.

Many thanks,

Gaz

Old 03 April 2012, 08:44   #17

Town: Sussex
Make: Ceasar Surfcat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
When i had an aerotec , i used to use a jetski trailer. The bunks would support the hull and not the tubes. The bonus for this setup was the fact that you can slide the boat fully onto the (carpeted)bunks and they would support the transom too, which in turn would take 95% of the stresses from the tubes/transom with the engine still on it. I would happily tow for thousands of miles like this. Also, if its set up correctly, you can keep the launch wheels on it