Old 05 August 2015, 17:10   #11

Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
While the Aerotec is streets ahead of all other air floor boats, the HonWave is not far behind.

How are you inflating the floor ? The pressure has to be perfect for it to perform well and with 30hp it should pull pretty much everything except a lard arsed mono skier.

Old 06 August 2015, 14:41   #12

Town: hull
Boat name: Jenny
Make: Bombard Areotec
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 25hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlockedpirate View Post
While the Aerotec is streets ahead of all other air floor boats, the HonWave is not far behind.

How are you inflating the floor ? The pressure has to be perfect for it to perform well and with 30hp it should pull pretty much everything except a lard arsed mono skier.
Thats another point i forgot to add actually, i can only get the floor to 8 bar and can't get close to the 11 it states. Thinking of purchasing an electric pump but they're so damn expensive, i'll definitely get one before my next trip out on the boat.
I've often considered skiing but never thought it'd be possible with a sib because the boat needs to jump on to plane almost instantaneously doesn't it where as sibs have a slight hesitation?

Old 06 August 2015, 14:54   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3collinso View Post
Thats another point i forgot to add actually, i can only get the floor to 8 bar and can't get close to the 11 it states. Thinking of purchasing an electric pump but they're so damn expensive, i'll definitely get one before my next trip out on the boat.
I've often considered skiing but never thought it'd be possible with a sib because the boat needs to jump on to plane almost instantaneously doesn't it where as sibs have a slight hesitation?

Getting up behind any boat is all about technique and practice, its true that more power makes it easier to get up, but my kids skied behind a MK2C FDutura with a 25hp OK.

Get the electric pump, its the best money you will ever spend. Make sure you top it up after its been in the water for at least 15 mins as well. With the floor at correct pressure, the boat is transformed.

Be carefull, its only 11psi you want, 11bar would make quite a mess
Old 06 August 2015, 15:05   #14

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Quote:
Getting up behind any boat is all about technique and practice, its true that more power makes it easier to get up, but my kids skied behind a MK2C FDutura with a 25hp OK.

Get the electric pump, its the best money you will ever spend. Make sure you top it up after its been in the water for at least 15 mins as well. With the floor at correct pressure, the boat is transformed.

That's right 11bar no no get a bravo around 80 spot on bit of kit
Old 06 August 2015, 15:10   #15

Quote:

Thats probably whats causing the majority of the issues tbh, i've just got to understand that the transition from a rigid aluminium floor to an inflatable floor is going to be different i'm sure i'll soon get used to it.
All that aside i'm still gonna peg for the Bombard, i'm gonna hold out till the boat show in Feb at the N.E.C in Birmingham and see if i can get a good deal, don't like buying second hand sibs as i always end up inheriting other peoples issues
Old 06 August 2015, 15:14   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3collinso View Post
Thats probably whats causing the majority of the issues tbh, i've just got to understand that the transition from a rigid aluminium floor to an inflatable floor is going to be different i'm sure i'll soon get used to it.
All that aside i'm still gonna peg for the Bombard, i'm gonna hold out till the boat show in Feb at the N.E.C in Birmingham and see if i can get a good deal, don't like buying second hand sibs as i always end up inheriting other peoples issues

The Aerotec is even worse than the Honwave if you dont get the right pressure.

Buy a Bravo, you wont regret it and it might save you 2k
Old 06 August 2015, 15:27   #17

Quote:
The Aerotec is even worse than the Honwave if you dont get the right pressure.

Buy a Bravo, you wont regret it and it might save you 2k
Gonna get this one ordered, NEW BRAVO Electric Inflatable Boat Rib 12v Air Pump Inflator BTP12 M Tent SUP | eBay
Thanks for your help