RIBnet admin team

Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
I HAVE A FIXED FUEL TANK.
Where do you have a tank fixed to in a SIB?

Old 07 August 2012, 09:38   #12

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Privately-owned, open vessels that have no domestic cooking, heating, refrigerating or lighting appliances installed, are not fitted with other permanent electrical systems (e.g. navigation lights,

engine propelled solely by an outboard engine without a fixed fuel system.

I think they mean the outboard has to have a SEPERATE fuel tank with connection,not one built in?.

Old 08 August 2012, 18:50   #13

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
On some certain rivers canals the environment agency have taken over from what used to be British Waterways that is now called Canal & rivers Trust
The boat safety certificate as was said earlier is for engine / cooking/ heating / sewerage /electical installations pipework and systems usually on cabin / livaboards .
As far as I know if it is an open topped boat with a potable outboard/ fuel tank and has not been modified and is the original manufacturers standard fittings ( eg crimped ends )there's not a problem ,,, bit of a grey area though if the fuel pipes been joined together with jubilee clips or using a homemade tank , the Fixed permanent tank is one that's a permanat fixture or built into the boat eg inboard engine .
I had this out with a waterways inspector a few weeks ago , he dident bother me I just asked him about the subject .one good thing is that if you want a day permit/ licence you can do it online , better than the old system of buying a paper one and it's crap weather at least if the weathers good you can get one online on the day .
Old 13 August 2012, 13:05   #14

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by m chappelow View Post
On some certain rivers canals the environment agency have taken over from what used to be British Waterways that is now called Canal & rivers Trust
The boat safety certificate as was said earlier is for engine / cooking/ heating / sewerage /electical installations pipework and systems usually on cabin / livaboards .
As far as I know if it is an open topped boat with a potable outboard/ fuel tank and has not been modified and is the original manufacturers standard fittings ( eg crimped ends )there's not a problem ,,, bit of a grey area though if the fuel pipes been joined together with jubilee clips or using a homemade tank , the Fixed permanent tank is one that's a permanat fixture or built into the boat eg inboard engine .
I had this out with a waterways inspector a few weeks ago , he dident bother me I just asked him about the subject .one good thing is that if you want a day permit/ licence you can do it online , better than the old system of buying a paper one and it's crap weather at least if the weathers good you can get one online on the day .
Cheers for the info mate,good stuff.