Just to tidy this thread up...
I've fitted the Trems in spare moments over the past couple of days.
Decided I would relocate the serial number and data plates to avoid them being drilled through or part obscured. What a pig to get them off. The serial number plate was glued and pinned so pulled paint off down to the timber which needed the edges feathering and then repainting.
The stainless pins that held both plates on were impossible to get out so I ended up pulling the soft alloy plates off the pins. This was achieved with surprisingly little damage to the plate's securing holes.
I punched the pin heads just below the timber face and filled the small depressions. Rather than just making good locally this cemented a thought I'd had... to give the whole transom two coats of satin black as the Zodiac paint is a bit thin.
I'm happy to admit to being a bit OCD about getting stuff right where it probably doesn't matter that much...so to get the legs upright I set the boat up with a level on the transom then used a shorter vertical level against the legs. I used a large G-clamp to hold the brackets in position until they were spot on and then drilled through (8mm) the bolt holes while they were held in place.
Of course the height was pre-determined by the lugs that engage on the bottom buttons that are pre-fitted on the Aerotec from new. It was just that they were upright and that the bottom button was fully engaged that needed checking.
Note from the image of the wheel swinging up in the next post it only just clears the cone... a short cone at that. This is of course determined by the existing fitting buttons which would be a hassle to move so I was pleased it just cleared.
My wheel set were missing their plastic backing to the brackets but I cut replacements from a PVC mat of the correct thickness (a token bit of red!).
After tightening the fixing nuts I cut the excess thread off, filed smooth and painted with a few coats of a car silver touch up stick so there wasn't a hint of a rough edge to rub on the air floor when deflated & packed.
Even so I've just ordered these nut plastic caps which I've used before to be totally sure there is a smooth end presented to the air floor when rolled up...
10 pack of M8 Nylon Plastic Hex Nut Cover Cap BLACK | eBay
As these wheels were a used set they were also missing some of their washers that stop the plastic rim rubbing on the axle tube R-clip and split pins so sourced some M30 stainless ones on Ebay. Also bought some larger stronger axle end R-clips as I've lost one at the slipway before causing much inconvenience. Finally bought a spare pair of clevis pins as losing one of these on a day out is a pain too.