Old 24 May 2016, 17:04   #11

Town: Cardiff
Make: Avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke
Well done first rib as it was a fair drive down to the Solent how did the ka cope with a boat on the roof and a motor in the boot?

Anymore adventures now it has warmed up? Isle of white for the weekend?

Old 30 May 2016, 03:35   #12

Town: Fulham
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury 25HP
MMSI: 235914577
Hi HDAV, the Ka did very well indeed. It is 1.3L so quite punchy for it's size. Using the boat straps to tie down the boat on the 80 roof rack worked very well. No aerodynamic problems at all, did a good 70mph all the way.

Unfortunately, all of the cold weather in March/April/May has taken its toll and together with overwork pulled immune system down, I have been sick for a month so not going out at the moment

Old 06 June 2016, 17:20   #13

Town: Christchurch
Boat name: Princess Catherine
Make: Bombard
Engine: 20hp
Hi John. I am very new to boating so sorry for the long message and lack of clear problem. I have just bought a Bombard Aerotec 380 and a Tohatsu 20HP outboard. I live near Christchurch and have so far taken the boat up and down the Stour from Christchurch harbour to Hengistbury head 4 or 5 times. Generally all has gone well but I am concerned I have not got something setup correctly. My problem is that when traveling back to Christchurch harbour against the flow of the river I feel that the stern is a bit low in the water. If I open up the throttle to more than the restart position I find that the bow pops up. I have played around with the trim position of the engine but I am not sure if it makes much difference. Not sure if any of this will make much sense to you so I suppose i am looking for some general tips on setup or your A380. Is it possible I am not inflating the boat correctly (I have not been using a pressure gauge as I was told the one that comes with it is not that good and basically pump it up until it is hard and you can't get much more air in it), do I need to adjust the engine hight on the transom by adapting it etc. Any help or general advice would be most welcome. Kind Regards Scott
Old 06 June 2016, 17:49   #14

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard, Y-162
Make: Aerotec 380, Y-Class
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBoat View Post
Hi John. I am very new to boating so sorry for the long message and lack of clear problem. I have just bought a Bombard Aerotec 380 and a Tohatsu 20HP outboard. I live near Christchurch and have so far taken the boat up and down the Stour from Christchurch harbour to Hengistbury head 4 or 5 times. Generally all has gone well but I am concerned I have not got something setup correctly. My problem is that when traveling back to Christchurch harbour against the flow of the river I feel that the stern is a bit low in the water. If I open up the throttle to more than the restart position I find that the bow pops up. I have played around with the trim position of the engine but I am not sure if it makes much difference. Not sure if any of this will make much sense to you so I suppose i am looking for some general tips on setup or your A380. Is it possible I am not inflating the boat correctly (I have not been using a pressure gauge as I was told the one that comes with it is not that good and basically pump it up until it is hard and you can't get much more air in it), do I need to adjust the engine hight on the transom by adapting it etc. Any help or general advice would be most welcome. Kind Regards Scott

So much to look at there, have you read the many Aerotec or other SIB set-up topics as lots of info there. Correct inflation is essential, guesswork is useless. Get a proper gauge. Look at weight distribution as too much at the stern will cause these issues. If this is at fast displacement speeds then nose up is to be expected.