Old 29 April 2010, 10:57   #1

Town: stockport
Length: 3m +
the saga continues

hi all, just come back from a weekend in wales with the bombard aerotec, fishing rods, beer etc. (oh, and the missus).
crackin' weekend weather wise but did have a few probs with the boat. it all started with my bravo 12v pump, which wouldn't inflate the boat to the correct pressure, wasnt making the same "secondary" noise it usually makes just before it cuts out as the floor reaches correct pressure and failed to even get the 3.4 psi tubes to pressure, never mind the 11.3 psi floor. no probs sucking the air back out (anyone got any ideas). managed to borrow a bravo from a neighbouring honwave owner and thought that was the end of my troubles, but alas no.
Don't know if anyone remembers the "aerotec transom height" thread........... I was having trouble with the 18hp tohatsu splashing water back over the transom and locozodiac and others recomended raising the height with a wooden block which i did using a 25mm block as a starting point (as pictures). have only done a temporary job to check the performonce, raised the metal plate and the wooden rear plate up by 25mm to allow for the block of wood but still seems to splash back. am going to make couple more blocks of 30mm and 35mm and take them with me before i screw it, glue it and paint it permanently. (watch this space).
Did a speed trial with sat nav, 2 up (2 x 15 stone / 95kg adults), and acheived 21 mph which i think converts to 18.24 knots, on fairly flat water what do you all think. what speed should i be hitting ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19032010002.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	50648   Click image for larger version

Name:	19032010003.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	50649  
Old 29 April 2010, 11:34   #2

Town: Liverpool
Boat name: BENJ5
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF90hp
Hi are you the guy I met at Aberafon campsite the end of last year? I was down last weekend and it was glorious. No sign of any fish yet though. There was hardly any one there and we were joking that this weekend it would probably be full and torrential rain.

Brian with the zodiac rib and the dog that doesn't stop barking.
Old 29 April 2010, 12:34   #3

Town: stockport
hi brian, yeah its me, glad you had a good time. we ended up at Penryn bay campsite at the top of anglesey (Llanfwrog). great site with a slipway. Didn't get chance to get the rods out, to busy ringo-ing my brothers daughter and her friend. I agree about this weekend though, its always the same bank hols. cant make it this weekend, got birthday bash to go to (gutted). prob see you down there over the season though. Have a great weekend if you decide to go.
Old 29 April 2010, 14:29   #4

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Engine: tohatsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by uny1965 View Post
Don't know if anyone remembers the "aerotec transom height" thread........... I was having trouble with the 18hp tohatsu splashing water back over the transom and locozodiac and others recomended raising the height with a wooden block which i did using a 25mm block as a starting point (as pictures). have only done a temporary job to check the performonce, ?
Hi uny,
though my boat is not an aerotec as yours is ,what i did with my tohatsu 8 hp to stop spray kicking up was to make a shaped block of wood to infill the flat on the leg which then stopped most spray , another idea was to make some thick rubber spray guards fastned on with tie wraps ,either option cuts down the spray vastly.,,as you can see in the 2nd pic no spray and thats with a long shaft ,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	114.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	50650   Click image for larger version

Name:	047cop.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	50651