Hi again Jeff.. while you had your celebratory drink.. I had another sniff of my Glue ..its not as good as the Gravy .. but it certainly does the trick as you will see in this photo.
The external patch is now in firmly in position ..I used Poly marine two part glue..and in the instructions.. it said.. if cut is 75mm or more put on an internal patch. I do follow instructions as best I can so I am absolutely certain this patch has repaired my boat. For info..the wee red dot on the patch..is to highlight where the leak was..and is around ľĒ diameter..so roughly to scale.I marked it on the photo..for info ..its not there in real life.
I confess..the glue was three months past its sell by date
but the bacon I had for breakast was a week past its date..and Im still living
Im also very happy another piece of my old seago slat floor has been re cycled and will still go to sea with me. Its the patch material.
Its worth remembering too..the floor board closed the original leak . which is how I managed to continue my 60 sea journey.. With the internal plug on the inside..the patch..and the floorboard all preventing it leaking.. im on a winner
It may look messy around the edges..Im not that messy a worker.. but there was glue left over ..so brushed excess along the edges.. it may not do much.. but Im not worried about looks ..its all under the floor boards.
I will put another patch along the rear edge..as the floor board has chaffed away the PVC at the red transom holder. No leaks there as no pressure or water in that area..but best to pad it out again. I will also sort the floor board so it is less likely to chaff my new patch