Old 16 January 2010, 13:18   #1

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
tempory/removeble bow cleat

i was sorting the shed out this morning and came across an old tempory /removeble bow cleat that was used on the old version of the rnli D class lifeboats many years ago ,,it is just a piece of half inch plywood with a cleat bolted to it ,and it is just clipped at the front D ring with the outer lashings going to the boats carrying handles ,,,idea might be of use to the d.i.y s out there for when anchoring
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	48703  
Old 20 January 2010, 13:27   #2

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
That be quite a good idea ,i might use something like that on mine as i just coil the anchor rope up and lay it on the bow bag ,it is on the top of the bow and not underneath ?just the bow eye/D ring on mine is more under then were that one seems to be placed on the picture,but a fat lot of good a cleat would do under the boat ,lol
Old 20 January 2010, 14:06   #3

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
That be quite a good idea ,i might use something like that on mine as i just coil the anchor rope up and lay it on the bow bag ,it is on the top of the bow and not underneath ?just the bow eye/D ring on mine is more under then were that one seems to be placed on the picture,but a fat lot of good a cleat would do under the boat ,lol
HI Thornback ,the pic i took was of my Y boat which has a carabiner ontop of the tube as well as a D ring under the bow ,thats whats confusing you i think , it just clips to the D ring under the bow then the other 2 clips/ties off on to the handles ,,,for fishing on an old zodiac that i had about 30 years ago i made a larger ply board to cover the whole dodger and i had a couple of cleats so i could wrap a coil of rope across the bow in a big fig of 8 , also it gave me something to fasten the compass to ,i did eventually fasten a plastic box ontop of it for the anchor and rope ,gave me a lot more room inside the boat,it also had a few of those pipe clips underneath so i could clip flares /torch /,,,best thing is the whole lot could be removed in less than 20 seconds if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S1031307.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	48788  
Old 20 January 2010, 14:32   #4

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by m chappelow View Post
HI Thornback ,the pic i took was of my Y boat which has a carabiner ontop of the tube as well as a D ring under the bow ,thats whats confusing you i think , it just clips to the D ring under the bow then the other 2 clips/ties off on to the handles ,,,for fishing on an old zodiac that i had about 30 years ago i made a larger ply board to cover the whole dodger and i had a couple of cleats so i could wrap a coil of rope across the bow in a big fig of 8 , also it gave me something to fasten the compass to ,i did eventually fasten a plastic box ontop of it for the anchor and rope ,gave me a lot more room inside the boat,it also had a few of those spring clips underneath so i could clip flares /torch /,,,best thing is the whole lot could be removed in less than 20 seconds if needed.
Arh got ya ,thanks mate ,dam good idea,im allways on the look out for new ways to store and use things on my Sib ,thats a good one ,here is my idea ,but mine is a bit flimsy ,so i may have a go like you have done
Attached Images