Originally Posted by Vincent Vega
Weíre taking our 4.7m SIB to Spain mid August and after a lot of research Iíve come up with the following list to hopefully ensure that Iím compliant with the local laws:
RYA PB2 with Coastal Endorsement
Proof of Ownership
SSR Registration Number on the boat
Large Fender (for helping us drag the boat up the beach)
First Aid Kit
Flag Ė Ensign
Flag Ė Orange (for towing)
My eyes are going square looking at this list and trying to ensure that I havenít forgotten anything important so I thought Iíd ask you guys and gals on here. Two sets of eyes must be better than one, and hopefully a forum full of sets of eyes is better than just mine and the wifeís.
We canít wait to go now, just counting down the days. We live just outside Manchester so itíll be great to feel the sun for a change. ;-)
Thanks in advance for any pointers or suggestions. :-)
- Signaling mirror
- Fog horn
- Check 3 flares are not out of date (this is very very significant!)
- Lifejackets should be 100N at least for each crew member (although it is mandatory one per each possible passenger) ; kids must have kid size
- Manual bilge pump
- 2 lines for mooring
- Fire extinguisher, I believe 3kg 50B for your engine
- In case night use: white all-round light, red-green ligh for bow.
- In case of more than 5 miles from shelter: boat license (which means: VHF water-proof, VHF license).
- Watch out if your engine is more than 25HP and tiller control: should be steer driven.
Nevertheless I belive the most important point is feeling like having a good time.
Have a nice time!