Old 15 September 2017, 18:20   #21

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolavington View Post
Not got engine back yet still waiting to find out what's wrong when I get it back and weather good I'll let you know
What boat you got and where do you use it to
I have a Sunsport 3.2m and 9.9hp yamaha 2 stroke outboard mate, i love it and want to go out with like minded people and i usually go out in northeast england off Whitby etc but i live in chippenham so i want to go out with people down here.
Old 15 September 2017, 21:23   #22

Town: Weston super mare
Make: Honwave t40
Length: 4m +
Engine: 20hp outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggy View Post
I've got a T40 Honwave but currently I'm motorless. I had at 20 Mariner 4stroke but sold it because I want a 30hp 2 stroke as it'll be lighter and more powerful.

How long does it take to get out to Steep Holme, about an hour?

Been to Weston many times over the years but can't recall ever seeing the tide in far enough to reach the harbour. I was actually thinking of a beach launch but I dare say mud is the prohibitive factor with that.

It only takes about 20mins to get out there it's 5miles I think I used to launch off the beach but got told off by the beach rangers it's easier to launch off the slip and you do get longer off there than the beach but I think they only stop you off the beach so the council can make money for you using the slip
Old 15 September 2017, 21:45   #23

Town: Weston super mare
Make: Honwave t40
Length: 4m +
Engine: 20hp outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by leejames12 View Post
I have a Sunsport 3.2m and 9.9hp yamaha 2 stroke outboard mate, i love it and want to go out with like minded people and i usually go out in northeast england off Whitby etc but i live in chippenham so i want to go out with people down here.

That's some traveling I want to go to Poole and Dartmouth or west bay at some point probably be next year now as weather is getting crap this would even be closer for you than traveling to Whitby your more than welcome to join as you say be good to go out with other boaters with similar boats if Im going out in Weston or somewhere local ill let you know I normally go with my Mrs or a friend do you go on your own
Old 15 September 2017, 22:25   #24

Yeah usually alone so can accommodate for another if it makes life easier
Old 16 September 2017, 06:46   #25

Town: Birmingham
Boat name: Grey Reef
Make: Smartwave
Engine: Tohatsu MFS20E EPTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolavington View Post
It only takes about 20mins to get out there it's 5miles I think I used to launch off the beach but got told off by the beach rangers it's easier to launch off the slip and you do get longer off there than the beach but I think they only stop you off the beach so the council can make money for you using the slip
I'll have to give it a go next year. If the barrier is across the slip, who do you have to speak to / pay to use it?