Old 11 July 2011, 13:04   #11

Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude 15 hp -78
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddy View Post
Patrik - I think 'aerotec' does refer to the high pressure floor in the boats, but these models of Bombard are just called "aerotec 380", i think the '420' got blasted. To be honest, for the size, weight and performance with the "V" hull - you cant go wrong with a 380. Bit pricey brand new though! I had 3 boats in mind at the time and the 380 was the most pricey - but so very glad I chose it. Found one second hand only used twice with a free 6hp engine!! sweet.
Hey again Squiddy, I'm looking at a Aerotec 420 from 2003. Would this be a similar good buy as you find the 380? What money would you expect with everything working except a slow puncture on one of the high pressure floors?
How much was yours?

Old 12 July 2011, 09:06   #12

Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Twahtzoo 20hp
MMSI: 235906188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrik View Post
Hey again Squiddy, I'm looking at a Aerotec 420 from 2003. Would this be a similar good buy as you find the 380? What money would you expect with everything working except a slow puncture on one of the high pressure floors?
How much was yours?
Hello Patrik

To be honest I am not that sure how much that 420 should be. I dont think I would buy one that I knew had a leaky floor, just because I am rubbish at fixing things. The HP floor goes to 11+psi, so I would want to make sure that it was in sound shape before i bought it. I have a feeling replacement aerotec floors are pretty expensive. I am not as good as Nasher at fixing such things!!!!!

I got my 380 (new 2010, used twice, perfect condition) along with brand new trailer (used once) and a 6hp merc (used twice) all for about 1800.

To answer your other question - i was looking at honwaves, zodiacs (everything from a 3.4 cadet FR to a futura FR) and bombards, aerotec 380 ticked everybox BUT was a bit pricey brand new. Hope this helps.

Old 02 August 2014, 14:26   #13

Town: Los Angeles
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddy View Post
Hello Patrik

To be honest I am not that sure how much that 420 should be. I dont think I would buy one that I knew had a leaky floor, just because I am rubbish at fixing things. The HP floor goes to 11+psi, so I would want to make sure that it was in sound shape before i bought it. I have a feeling replacement aerotec floors are pretty expensive. I am not as good as Nasher at fixing such things!!!!!

I got my 380 (new 2010, used twice, perfect condition) along with brand new trailer (used once) and a 6hp merc (used twice) all for about 1800.

To answer your other question - i was looking at honwaves, zodiacs (everything from a 3.4 cadet FR to a futura FR) and bombards, aerotec 380 ticked everybox BUT was a bit pricey brand new. Hope this helps.
May I ask where you got yours for such a good price?