Old 10 May 2009, 13:33   #11

Town: Sliema - Malta
Make: Bat Grifo 2000
Length: 4m +
Engine: Susuki DF50
[QUOTE=Iva-cod-on;293675]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floody View Post

Hi chris my boat planes no problem with two on board me on motor sitting on tube 13stone and father on front box 13stone plus spare gallon of fuel and lead sinkers up front.
It does 17knots flatout acording to gps full throttle but cruises at 13knots on the plane at half throttle I wheel the boat down the beach first then carry the motor down on my shoulder it's a heavy lump it wieghs 55 kg if I remember correctly when I bought it in nov 08 it was between the Suzuki or a mariner which was lighter by about 7kg the Suzuki is a lovely motor but I would have maybe thought twice with experience.

Ivan.
thanks for your reply...
luckily i dnt have to carry the motor for a long distance
now im trying to sort out a trailer, cause i willl get bored inflating and deflating every week....maybe a box trailer would do...

did u add an extra bench next to the motor? i noticed well ?

Old 10 May 2009, 13:39   #12

Town: Sliema - Malta
Make: Bat Grifo 2000
Length: 4m +
Engine: Susuki DF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
I have a Suzuki 15hp on a Quicksilver 3.1. I can get about 25mph out of it and 22mph fully laden. it is a great engine but like all 4 strokes pretty heavy.

The extra power is useful and as the engines weigh exactly the same it would be silly not to go for the 15hp unless there is a big difference in price. I remember reading something on this site that it is quite easy to upgrade the 9 to a 15hp as they are the same engine but can't find the thread at the moment.

If you can find a nice 15hp 2 stroke though that would be the first choice as 4 strokes are heavy. The ideal is a Tohatsu 18hp as it's the same weight as the 9.9 and 15hp.
----

hard 2 find 2 strokes now in malta, nobody seems to want to sell them ive been looking for a gd 2nd hand one for ages,,

there is a big difference in price from 9.9 to 15....here in malta one has to pay a yearly licence for outboards which are more then 10hp..

Old 12 May 2009, 13:59   #13

Town: Cramlington
Boat name: PAL II
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki 9.9df
[QUOTE=Floody;294142]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva-cod-on View Post

thanks for your reply...
luckily i dnt have to carry the motor for a long distance
now im trying to sort out a trailer, cause i willl get bored inflating and deflating every week....maybe a box trailer would do...

did u add an extra bench next to the motor? i noticed well ?
Its an old shore fishing box that I put a wooden top on and it wedges in lovely next to the fuel tank means i sit there one on the middle seat and one on the box at the front.
Old 12 May 2009, 15:36   #14

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva-cod-on View Post

Wow

what a great looking sib, looks great

that beach also looks just about the perfect place to launch it, no shingle, fantastic

great sib mate
Old 13 May 2009, 14:06   #15

Town: Cramlington
Boat name: PAL II
Engine: Suzuki 9.9df
Thanks mate Its a good launch not too bad at all:-)
Old 09 June 2012, 07:56   #16

Engine: Yamaha 8hp
Custom made transparent spray water protection

Hello Iva-con-on

I made my own transparent custom made splash protection which works very well. Take a look at the thread I opened:
Custom made spray splash water protection for Zodiac

Swissmorgy
Old 09 June 2012, 13:55   #17

Town: Madrid-Almeria
Boat name: SEPIA
Make: honwave
Engine: Honda BF20
Swissmorgy, that screen seems nice for lakes but not so operational for sea waves and sea wind. You can end shipping a lot of water inside the boat.

I believe a tent-like structure can be better. Something you can put up and down whenever needed. No rigid parts to avoid breaking and pinning the boat. It's easy to hit any structure and break it with your own body weight. Not to mention anchor and painter handling...
Old 09 June 2012, 16:07   #18

Engine: Yamaha 8hp
azzurro,

you are right. My protection is meant for relatively mild conditions and leisure activities. I wouldn't go on the open sea with more than a light breeze anyway in my small Zodiac. But on lake conditions up to 4 or 5 Beaufort it does a good job keeping away splashing water the wind would otherwise blow into your face.

For me, the tent-like protections like that one are for emergencies, for one single person only or to protect luggage. They sure keep dry whatever is under them. But persons wouldn't feel too well under that thing and go seasick after a few minutes.

Swissmorgy
Old 10 June 2012, 15:32   #19

Town: Madrid-Almeria
Boat name: SEPIA
Make: honwave
Engine: Honda BF20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissmorgy View Post
azzurro,

you are right. My protection is meant for relatively mild conditions and leisure activities. I wouldn't go on the open sea with more than a light breeze anyway in my small Zodiac. But on lake conditions up to 4 or 5 Beaufort it does a good job keeping away splashing water the wind would otherwise blow into your face.

For me, the tent-like protections like that one are for emergencies, for one single person only or to protect luggage. They sure keep dry whatever is under them. But persons wouldn't feel too well under that thing and go seasick after a few minutes.

Swissmorgy
That spray hood looks great!
One of the biggest problems I have is seagull shit.
A spray hood with that angle is not a comfortable place to be if you are a seagull.