Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324680596923
Old 17 June 2021, 21:43   #822

Town: Leicester
Make: Yam
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max... View Post
That fishing rod holder is ingenious. I think I'm gonna make one of those.
Old 18 June 2021, 14:58   #823

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Yes, nice non-invasive idea - too many people love drilling holes in boats!
Old 19 June 2021, 19:51   #824

Not sure if this is allowed, but I have listed the Avon rover that came with the 2 stroke engine I just brought

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avon-Rove....m46890.l49286
Old 19 June 2021, 19:53   #825

And my 4 stroke engine, now surplus to requirements.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-Yama....m46890.l49286
Old 20 June 2021, 10:39   #826

Town: Devon
Make: Zodiac Cadet 340
Engine: Yamaha 25hp 2t
RIBase
I can't get the links to work. Maybe this will.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224503589...IAAOSwJmdgzkJl
Old 20 July 2021, 22:16   #827

BAT’s getting rarer now, be interesting to see where the market takes it:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zodiac-Bo...-127635-2958-0
Old 20 July 2021, 22:27   #828

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Yes it will indeed. Sadly I'm taking a punt on the fact that is already past the glue average sell by date so very much buyer beware.

Lovely looking clean outfit though.
Old 22 July 2021, 07:04   #829

Sold off eBay - always the best way!
Old 22 July 2021, 07:48   #830

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
If it’s as old as Fenlander says the people bidding on it had a lucky escape [emoji848]
Old 22 July 2021, 08:51   #831

Not Ebay but on Facebook marketplace in Wales a red Aerotec with failed transom glue for £300. Almost worth it for the sound V floor alone.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...78956359629603

Also in Kings Lynn a smart looking red one with trailer, Suzuki 15hp 4-stroke, bow bag, transom wheels, anchor etc for £2495. On the face of it with the recent prices a bargain except for the "do you feel lucky" glue issue at that age.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...29926158846987

You could reckon the OB at £1500, trailer £500, OE transom wheels £100 so the Aerotec itself comes in at £395 which is loads better than the Wales one. As usual a package adds options for splitting and swapping around.

Not sure if the links will work for non-Facebook users.
Old 22 July 2021, 10:15   #832

Remember the 'old' days David? Used to pick up a Euro/Jap big name 3.5m'ish SIB, a big name 9.8 to 15 HP 2 stroke, a trailer and often a load of ropes, anchors, LJs, pump, buoys etc and still have loads of change from £1500 to £1800!
Old 22 July 2021, 11:04   #833

Yep that crossed my mind when evaluating that £2495 Aerotec outfit.

Which the more I think about assuming the transom and floor are currently sound it is a fair deal with say £200 off for cash then sell the trailer and you are back to an £1800 outfit with the OE transom wheels which is more like back in those old days.
Old 03 August 2021, 12:59   #834

Town: St Austell
Length: 4m +
Worth it?

Hi guys, I'm completely new to the world of boating. Don't even know how to get a boat on or off the water!

Thankfully I have youtube for that 😉

I was quite keen on getting a voltaire 390 as a first boat but have come across this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avon-Inflatable-Boat-with-Mariner-40hp-outboard-SIB-like-Rib-zodiac-wakeboard-/194264933610?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46 890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Lots of kit which my lil ones would love BUT my only worry is the leak. Is this something common and something I can get a professional to find and fix for a decent price to make bidding worth while?

Just moved to Cornwall last summer and I feel like I need to have a boat of some sort. I understand solid boats are more ideal but with two kids under 5, I would prefer an inflatable I can store away.
Old 03 August 2021, 13:18   #835

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You could take two positions on that outfit... Good old days Avon built like a tank... don't make them like that any more. Or... worn out and overweight tired old setup.

By storing away do you mean junking the trailer and packing the boat away?

Slow leaks often just a valve. Small punctures easy to DIY repair as long as not under a rubbing strake etc.
Old 03 August 2021, 13:30   #836

Thanks! I was recommended to ask the q in this forum as its full of great advice. By storing, I mean having it packed away in my shed until the following year when i would use it again.

If the leak is under a strake, would that be a deal breaker, or would it still be good value to get this deal at a lower price and have it professionally repaired.

What's making me really like the combo is that it comes with the skis and other water toys, road trailer, launching trolley, fuel tank and a decent 40HP motor.

Apparently the leak is under a tube and there are 10 other patches under the boat.

If I can get all that for under 1100 though, would it still be good value?

OR would I be better off getting a new voltaire 390 for what, 1300? And then add on? If I was to get a motor for the voltaire, and with excel I think you can have rotary steering installed. Of course all of that would bring the price to over 3000...
Old 03 August 2021, 13:52   #837

OK so I assume you are happy, or want to, have a trailer boat rather than a daily setup carried in the car?

A new Volaire £1400 and if an outboard to suit it was new than that brings you up to around £4200 plus £1000 for a trailer. In this current climate you would be unlikely to find a used worthwhile outboard under £1600 so £3000 plus trailer. The extra bits of kit like lifejackets, anchor, safety gear etc will add several hundred more.

So on the face of it if that Mariner runs as claimed and the leak is simple you get a lot for your money with that Avon outfit... but I'll say again it all looks very tired.

If you are new to the game it might be easier to have something much more modern with less maintenance/repair liability. Something like a Honwave T40 (or similar Quicksilver or Excel) on a branded trailer with a 20hp all just a few years old. Like this recently sold item...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honwave-T...p2047675.l2557
Old 03 August 2021, 14:01   #838

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnGooner88 View Post
Hi guys, I'm completely new to the world of boating. Don't even know how to get a boat on or off the water!

Thankfully I have youtube for that 😉

I was quite keen on getting a voltaire 390 as a first boat but have come across this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avon-Infl...-127635-2958-0

Lots of kit which my lil ones would love BUT my only worry is the leak. Is this something common and something I can get a professional to find and fix for a decent price to make bidding worth while?

Just moved to Cornwall last summer and I feel like I need to have a boat of some sort. I understand solid boats are more ideal but with two kids under 5, I would prefer an inflatable I can store away.
That looks like a bargain (or was for £1200). Leaks can be found with fairy liquid and water - like on a bike inner tube. Sometimes it's a valve, or small holes can be patched. If it's genuinely only needing pumping up once per week, it would be fine to use as-is.

As Fenlander has mentioned, it's a heavy boat and that engine will be 50kg +. So probably not ideal for pumping up and deflating each time, that's why it's on a trailer. The weight (hypalon material) does mean that it appears to be still in good condition for its age.

I would only buy if you have trailer storage. It would also be worth confirming it's in ok condition to tow to Cornwall.

Even if you use for the summer, you could probably break it and get your money back. The engine is worth high hundreds, the ski gear, wheels etc will all be worth a bit as well.
Old 03 August 2021, 15:00   #839

The only thing about honwave is what I've read about their issues with quality control and that really worries me tbh.

I'm torn and can't decide. Lots of kit for sure but I don't mind setting it up each time if I csn get value out of it.

I'd probably be able to get a cheaper price without the trailer as well if I can just fit it into the rear of my boot OR in one of those roof boxes that are duffle bags. I think handirack does one that fits 400L, allowing me to put a motor and the oars into my car.

I think the worst part of boating is buying the gear initially. Once you have it all, it's just fun from there on with good memories.

Yes, the ebay item definitely seems worn a bit. Makes me still want to go with the voltaire as they look lovely. I wouldn't mind having items added over years to make it worth my while. I think it's the engine with the ebay item that has my attention. Getting an engine separately will be my costliest item otherwise, if I get the voltaire as new.
Old 03 August 2021, 15:09   #840

For most of us a 40hp on a SIB is over the top power wise and certainly over the top re weight... it would be an absolute pig to handle off the boat even for the brief period you plan that. I think they are around 75kg so some lifting/moving gear would be needed.

If you were willing to buy that old Avon outfit I think any perceived Honwave quality issues (which were almost always on the air floor models) would pale into insignificance.