Old 28 June 2011, 20:29   #1

Town: Blackpool
Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15fmh
Sibbing in Anglesey

We are probably going to have a week in Anglesey first week of August. I've posted here as I don't want a point of view from someone with a rib. As the sib is inflated from the car boot we don't need a slip as such but do need access to the water. We do have wheels on the boat.

Is it worth taking the boat? I assume it will be.

But I have done a bit or research and it looks like you need permits etc to launch. Engine is 15hp if that is relevant. Is there a 10hp limit for free use? Anyone know the rules without me having to read the whole of the council website to actually understand what they are saying!

Also where to launch and where is best to go? Me, the wife and kids aged 3 and 5 so no extreme expeditions.....

Many thanks
Old 29 June 2011, 13:06   #2

Town: Trelogan
Boat name: Supacat
Make: TT-Supacat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50 outboard
Hi
I am in Trearddur Bay most weekends and I think you will find that anything over 9.9hp will need insurance to get registration (£25) and then £15 for everytime you launch and that is the same all over the island although I am sure there will be replies from people with sibs that know of beaches where they go and theres no warden looking out as you dont need a slip. My sib is 4.5metres long and I trailer it around but it also has a launch dolley which I schlep the boat into the water with.

Pick your beach and your weekend carefully and you wouldnt find better abroad as the water is crystal clear.

Hope this is of some help.

Howy
Old 29 June 2011, 17:18   #3

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
At the gazelle hotel there's a car park and jetty on the waters edge and it's sheltered on the menai strait side of the island. Plenty to see and do and importantly, no fee at all.

Red wharf bay is another, there's a pub there and a public car park where you can launch on the beach, very tidal though.

Enjoy!
Old 29 June 2011, 21:34   #4

Town: Chorley / Holyhead
Boat name: Northwind Challenger
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner 115 efi CT
MMSI: 235080598
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Festinghouse
camping / caravan? try penrhyn bay caravan park just north of holyhead - beach and slipway to launch from which are generally sheltered, also holyhead harbour is within easy reach with a sib just watch out for ferries! clear waters and interesting coastline are perfect for exploring with a small boat and family.